Worth $75?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
charliechaindrive said:
Well, for his lack of cruisers, he makes it up in kangaroo's
:lol:
And Crocodiles! Was out fishing once when we used to live in Darwin. We had travelled out to the East Alligator river (Someone had a sense of humour naming that one.) My cousin and I were in a 10 foot punt with a 6hp motor barely making headway against the end of season run off water when a 12 foot crocodile surfaced next to us and cruised along side checking us out, needless to say we veared off and ran with the water flow for a bit... The very next week two guys in a 16 foot boat were attacked by a 12 foot croc, he climbed into the boat with them, got his back leg stuck under the outboard though so they managed to fight him off with a couple of paddles...

Biggest croc I have seen in the wild was 16 feet long, thankfully I was in a bigger boat that time. :shock:

By the way, crocodiles are far more vicious and likely to attack than an alligator, the guys in the farms and wildlife parks love dealing with the alligator pens rather than the crocodiles...

Oh, and we also some crazy snakes, The first five snakes and most of the snakes on a list of the worlds most venomous snakes are Australian. Actually had to stop work on the bike a couple of days ago as a Black Tiger snake decided our back yard was a nice path to take to get to where he was going. 2 years ago we had a 9 foot eastern brown in our house, I am sitting there watching tv when I hear something behind me, I turn round to see the snake heading into some cupboards, he went over a store reciept that was on the floor which is the only reason I heard him, thankfully he made his own way outside again...

Hit a buffalo with my car once, driving my little Daihatsu one night, came around a corner doing the speed limit of 130km/h (80mile) and there is 2 massive buffalos on the road, one just getting off the road closer to me and one just getting on the road further away, I swerved to miss the first one but could not turn back fast enough to miss the second, only clipped the head and neck but that did $3000 worth of damage to the car, buffalo was fine, ran off into the bush...

For the most part Australia is pretty normal and most of the stories you hear are pretty rare but this stuff does happen...

Oh, and Kangaroo's taste great! As do Crocodiles and buffalo's...

Luke.

arpicker said:
Yeah.. I can't do snakes. I would come unglued if there was a 9ft poisonous snake in my kitchen. It'd be time to move! :D
I admit, we thought about it... :roll: The thing is, I was far more scared than my wife was, she didn't scream or anything... :lol:

Luke.

Luke, I did not end up buying the bike. It looks like a 24 incher. I am 6'8" so doubt it would fit. If he could come down to like $25, I would snatch it up and put it on display in my man cave, but I don't think he's going to budge. We'll see though...

Back