Worth $75?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly getting this, but want some advice first. Schwinn Spitfire. Anyone know anything about these? Year? Rare? Worth it? Thanks in advance.

Spitfire1_zpscab5edff.jpg

Depends what you want to do with it. If you plan to flip it, not much meat on the bone. If you want to ride it around until the wheels fall off, it is a fair deal.

Act like you're not all that into it, and make sure they see you rubbing the flaws! Then offer $40.

I'd pay $75.00 for it, but it all depends where you live as to how much it's worth. Here in Phoenix bike prices are Insanely inflated, have a look at our CL ads sometime. That bike would Easily be listed at $150.00 to $200.00 as it sits here..... Where the above post from the guy in Illinois wouldn't pay more than $35.00, Schwinn's are everywhere there.

whoinphx said:
I'd pay $75.00 for it, but it all depends where you live as to how much it's worth. Here in Phoenix bike prices are Insanely inflated, have a look at our CL ads sometime. That bike would Easily be listed at $150.00 to $200.00 as it sits here..... Where the above post from the guy in Illinois wouldn't pay more than $35.00, Schwinn's are everywhere there.
so true they r all over here at garage sales I got 4 last year for $15 each

Illinois=Schwinn. When I started collecting bikes in '92 Schwinn's were about all I could find. I decided to go with what was easy. Now, 20 yrs. later, I've still only seen a handful of boys tank bikes in brands other than Schwinn for sale locally. You couldn't find a Columbia around here if you put out a reward and formed a posse. :p Scott is right...$35 for that tired little Schwinn. :wink: Gary

Sounds like I'm gonna have to trailer a bunch of bikes to Arizona! I wouldn't even have to fix them up anymore. Never knew there was that much of a difference from state to state. I would've thought that the southeast would be flooded with rust free bikes just like they are with vintage cars.

This bike would sell as-is in a heartbeat for $100 (with numerous inquiries) in the San Francisco Bay Area.
If one was patient, they could probably get up to $150.

LukeTheJoker said:
Here in Australia? $300, IF you could find one...

Luke.
Luke I feel for ya brother! What kind of vintage bikes can you get?

Plenty of old lugged road bike frames, I pass on them all the time. I got lucky recently and picked up a couple of vintage Malvern star bikes, a 20inch convertible that my wife has now claimed as her own, and a girls 22inch that I am planning on converting to a girls 24/20inch cycle truck...

This is the convertible.

DSC00154 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

No pics of the 22.
Other than vintage lugged road frames and the occasional bike of this style, all I find are fairly modern chinese built bikes.
That is why I build my own!
8506963882_be1dd19edd.jpg

Luke.

A land without cruisers, you poor bloke!

Back