Worksman trike 20"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Worksman that I scored at a garage sale. The old man said his grandkids rode it mostly.
1008310024.jpg
Had to put a new tube in the front tire, make a few adjustments here and there, then some soap, water, and a SOS pad......
1008310036.jpg
The basket on this one has seen it's better days. The white plastic coating is mostly gone, thinking about removing the plastic with a wire brush and painting it red. What say you?

It's certainly interesting, but be careful about going with cliché colors. Do it the way YOU want it and not what you think others will like.

I say leave the basket off or paint it black.

Thanks Lonewolf. I'm only asking because I'm thinking about flipping this one. If I keep it, I'll lose the basket all together. I'll either make a wooden box for it(I'm a furniture guy by day) or I've got an old aluminum cooler that fits perfectly.

We have two of these at my job and they're tough as nails. They are built here in NYC about 4 blocks from my house. I've never seen one with whitewalls.
I bet you could flip it as is.
Cool front brake 'eh?

Your right Spokeshave, this thing is one tough bike. I think I've got it sold, already! One of my neighbors, who works @ the Ford Plant, had spotted it @ the garage sale, but I beat him to it. Now that I've cleaned it all up and got it back in running order, I'll have to parade it past his house to taunt him. LOL

thirstee said:
Wood box! A wood bed could be interesting as well. Just my two pennies.

I'm with Thirstee.

Wooden apple crate style stake box. Awesome idea. think 1929 ford P/U truck with a wooden stake box.

Go with the wood box.

Robeast said:
Thanks Lonewolf. I'm only asking because I'm thinking about flipping this one. If I keep it, I'll lose the basket all together. I'll either make a wooden box for it(I'm a furniture guy by day) or I've got an old aluminum cooler that fits perfectly.

Wood box! It can either be raw splintery, rough cut ,or finished and stained. Great idea.

Remember the old Coca Cola/ Pepsi crates made of wood? Just by eye I think that would fit nicely in the back. The trouble is finding a crate like that!

Yea oldrider, I do remember the old wooden soda pop crates, in fact I've got a couple of 7-Up crates in the garage. I'll set one on the back and photo it. I was thinking something a little deeper, but with the way it mounts, I could have different boxes for different looks. LOL

Thanks mattyfu, I think I've seen that. Is that the same stuff you get to dip your tool handles in?

Back