Worksman Pedicab Project New Pics 1-14-12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came in to this neglected Worksman pedicab over the summer and have finally cleaned out a space in my garage to work on it. The fibeglass body will need some extensive repair work. The bike itself seems to be a pretty easy rebuild except for the hydraulic brakes. I think thats going to be a little pricey. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has rebuilt one and might have any tips or info to share. This will be a long term project, its not going to happen overnight for sure.

PA090375.jpg

PA090376.jpg

PA090371.jpg

Re: Has anyone else rebuilt a pedicab

Skipton said:
Oh Man! is that cool Love the rear-end on that thing...Is the blue one yours also?

No, these pictures were taken in the guys yard that I got it from. He had 6 or seven diferent models of older cabs. I traded a mountain bike for this one and its going to be the biggest bike project I have ever taken on.

Cool looks like a great project!

Do you know subadrew... This is his friend's....
whomptrike.jpg

I would love to have one like this.... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48544&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=cab

Space is a BIG issue for me. :roll:

Looking forward to progress on you pedicab.

Skipton said:
Cool looks like a great project!

Do you know subadrew... This is his friend's....
whomptrike.jpg

I would love to have one like this.... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48544&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=cab

Space is a BIG issue for me. :roll:

Looking forward to progress on you pedicab.

Ive chatted with him on here but havent met him yet. He has an old Murray I would like to buy but dont have the extra money for it right now.

I think this cab belongs to a guy named Tyler that runs the Lux Low shop out of his house in Golden. If it is the one I am thinking about, I read about it in the paper. People were complaining about the noise it made when he used it on the Denver Cruisers ride this year. I dont drink any more so I didnt make any of the cruiser rides this year. They are basically a booze cruise with different bars every week.

I just had to return a bunch of parts I was stockpiling for a custom build to get parts for the cab. Ive had this thing for about 5-6 months and need to get it running asap to take my mother in law around when she comes next month. Today, I got tires, tubes, chains, and a shifter cable. Im hoping to get it in a running condition for now to drive her around during her visit and will then rip it apart and restore it over the spring time. The owner of my local shop said the drum brake should be fine for the flat level riding Im going to do with it for her visit. I wont be able to afford all the hydraulic stuff or the body repairs any time soon.

Re: Worksman Pedicab Project

I made a lot of progress today. I pieced together a headset and got the fork on. The stem that came with it is too skinny and moves around a little. I got the rear tires, tubes and liners on. I cleaned out and reinstalled the bottom bracket then put on aluminum Coda crankarms that are 175 long for a little extra leverage. Ran the chains, it used about 1 3/4 chains put together to reach properly. I took it for a little spin, its going to take some getting used to. I still need to repack the front hub and get a brake on it. Then comes the body, I just want to get it on there to work for now. Im not messing with lights or tunes just yet. All that matters is that my mother in law gets to sing the bicycle built for two song.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

I found a guy on my local CL who is going to do the bodywork and paint the cab body in white for me. We have a trade deal going, its going to cost me a few bikes plus supplies. I just need to remove all the hardware and lights from it and get it over there. This will save me so much money on the total for this thing.

Today, I removed all the hardware and lights, scraped off all remaining stickers and did a test fit with the body. Its going to be a real cushy ride with the shocks. I have to get the Christmas decorations put away and move my car so I can get the body out of the garage. Im planning to drop it off tomorrow to my body work guy. With all of the different areas of work needed for this thing, Im starting to feel like Im restoring a car. I still have to get a hydraulic brake system together, an electrical system, interior work, a shifting system, and a few other things.

Today I picked up a pair of used Shimano Deore cable actuated disc calipers. I can fabricate some kind of bracket to adapt these to work on the rear end. Paulcomp.com sells a duplex lever that will pull 2 cables at the same time and I could have brakes on the rear for a fraction of a new hydraulic system. All in time, she is coming along.

These pics were sent through a phone to an email so they are small. But, the body is coming out very nice. This guy does awesome work and the bike trade for his labor is so worth it.

2.png

3.png

1.png

Re: Worksman Pedicab Project New Pics 1-5-12

Its not perfect but far better than it was.

a.png

b.png

c.png

He is going to spray inside the wheelwell black and I will pick it up this weekend

Re: Worksman Pedicab Project New Pics 1-27-12

The body is on with all new mounting hardware. My next step is to fabricate brackets to mount the cable actuated Deore calipers I found used. After that will be running the cables and levers and shes almost on the road. It is also getting anti skid tape on the floor, a rubber tube cut around the base, and some foam pads cut and covered to soften the ride. My wife sat in it with me tonight and we both fit nicely.

007-3.jpg

Today I was able to make a deal to store it down the street in the side of an old airplane hanger. This will free up so much needed space in my garage.

I rode it today for the first time. It needs a new fork, this one is bent, still needs brakes, cables and levers, seat pads, and electrical system, none of which I can afford right now but it is coming along. I took it to the place where Im going to store it today and have my garage work area back.

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

Back