Womens Hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the bike trails today and along a part of it that was flooded this last summer was this old bike so i stopped to see if it would be for sale. As i walked past it i saw it was a skip-tooth so that make it a plus because i haven't had one before. Well i got it for ten bucks and what makes it better is the fact that my g/f likes it. So now i have a project for her. I would be interested in more information on this bike so if you know more about it plz tell. Thank you

bike-1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike4.jpg

I would have paid triple the price you paid. Let's see, a bike with a tank, skiptooth, curved fender braces, rear drop out, and peaked fenders.... I say you did extremely well for $10.

it has 50 starts on it.

xGUMOx said:
it has 50 starts on it.

Hawaii and Alaska became states in 1959 so does that mean the bike is older than or equal to 1959? It looks to be older, and a skip-tooth chain too. Maybe I'm just not accurate on dating bikes. :wink: Is the American flag decal or tank original to the bike? Nonetheless, it's awesome!!! :mrgreen:

Looks to be early post war,late 40's-early 50's,possibly mfg. by Cleveland Welding Co. for Hiawatha,chainguard,chainring,peaked fenders & rear rim look like their products,front rim is an earlier drop center,front wheel has probably been replaced.Nice bike at a nice price!!!

well the age of the flag doesnt have to determine how old the bike is.. somone probably slapped it on there for a 4th of july parade sometime down the road.

stretch said:
well the age of the flag doesnt have to determine how old the bike is.. somone probably slapped it on there for a 4th of july parade sometime down the road.

Wherever the flag came from... it makes the bike look way better in my opinion. :D

i believe the flag was just a decal. If that is the case the put it on both sides but only the one is still remaining, you can only see the outline on the other. Thank you all for the information on dating this bike so far.

Back