Womens 26"truss rods for 26"men's bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some 26" women's truss rods and was wondering if they would fit my schwinn 26" spitfire! The women truss rods came of women's schwinn. Does anyone know because I tried to put them on and had trouble

In my experience, postwar 26in schwinn ballooners are the same, girls or boys. Prewar are different, boys being shorter than girls. I don't know about rods that come off the midweights. Is your spitfire a balloon or midweight? Is the set that doesn't fit the spitfire too short or too long? I have one set that is about 1/2in too short for my postwar ballooners and I don't know what it is for. :shock: It might be for a 24 in or prewar boys 26in... :?:

It seems like ladies bike headtubes are always longer than mens. I would say that most times the ladies trusses are probably at least an inch longer to accommodate this.

Post war middleweight truss rods are 1/2" longer than balloon trusses. There is also 1/2" difference in rod length with braced truss prewar forks for locking and non locking. Gary

That makes for several different truss rod lengths. It seems someone should have designed an adjustable truss rod, perhaps make each rod 2 pieces with a threaded adjuster connecting the sections. Then 1 rod could fit many bikes.

Back