Winter Swap In The South-Feb 22 (Dallas, GA)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
American Vintage Bicycle Supply Presents
Winter Swap in The South
February 22, 2014
10am-3pm

$10 Vendor spaces
No Reservations
Vendor set up at 9am
All Bicycles
Welcome!
Vintage and
Antique Bicycles
Are encouraged!

Start your year off Right here with us!

For more info Call
770-548-0495

Pumpkinvine Church
Parking lot
2156 Buchanan Hwy
Dallas, GA 30157

861215d6-f90c-4e46-bbc3-565663636872_zpsce163710.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I was just sayin to myself...what do i have to do on February 22nd?.......Problem solved!

Yeah it's quite a while from now but it will give everyone much more time to plan!
I've had a really good response for this event from thecabe.

I won't know for a few more weeks if I am going to be able to make the drive or not. Lots of biz travel going on.
But I will try to come to the meet.

Well I hope you get to make it! Should be a good one. Unfortunately I've had a better response from other forums. My rat rod guy aren't speaking up yet.

Getting closer! Are you expecting very many venders?
It's always a great turnout! I've hosted 3 swaps and each has been bigger than the other. Hopefully this will be the biggest yet!

I'll try to bring a load from the BikeAthens Bike Recycling Program. Here is an incomplete list of what we need to get out of our storage, so maybe folks can give me an idea of what you're interested in so I can make good choices when loading up.

(All bikes will be in fixer-upper condition.)
Western Flyers, mostly step-through frames, some with tanks
Rollfasts, also mostly step-through
A couple of odd folding bikes, one from Yugoslavia
A RANS Rocket recumbent
Several Austrian-made Sears 3-speeds
A whole bunch of various Schwinn Varsity/Continental/Collegiate/Breeze frames
A Raleigh Space Rider 24" 3-speed
A 1978-ish Spider-Man bike, sans pedals
Lots of old spokes, sorted by length
A weird collection of coaster brake arms (one Torpedo Boy comes to mind)
A can of Bendix guts
Shimano 333 parts
NOS chrome fenders

Let me know if any of this interests you. Also feel free to ask if we have specific items, it's possible I left something out.

I am kicking around the idea of a road trip to hit one of the warmer shows down south. Thinking either this one or the Get-A-Grip....we'll see how it turns out. Some of you guys from the South should come up to Memory Lane/Ann Arbor weekend in April. It is always an amazing weekend

I am kicking around the idea of a road trip to hit one of the warmer shows down south. Thinking either this one or the Get-A-Grip....we'll see how it turns out. Some of you guys from the South should come up to Memory Lane/Ann Arbor weekend in April. It is always an amazing weekend
I'll be at ML this year! You should come to mine and Get a grip. Mine is just a Big all day swap and Get a grip is a show and swap. Both great events!

Well, I have Get-A-Grip, yours and also the one in Eden, NC on my radar. It will depend on how work goes and my on call schedule. I hope you are going to Ann Arbor the following Sunday?...I mean it isn't that far away and Ann Arbor is probably the most amazing show I have been to. What are your plans for ML? Driving up? I'll be up there probably Thur and Fri and then Ann Arbor on Sunday.

Well, I have Get-A-Grip, yours and also the one in Eden, NC on my radar. It will depend on how work goes and my on call schedule. I hope you are going to Ann Arbor the following Sunday?...I mean it isn't that far away and Ann Arbor is probably the most amazing show I have been to. What are your plans for ML? Driving up? I'll be up there probably Thur and Fri and then Ann Arbor on Sunday.
Driving up Thursday. I'll be at both

Back