Winter Anyone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We received 8 inches of snow yesterday and it is still coming down. The actual air temperature is 17 below zero and the wind chill is minus 45. If anyone was waiting for me to go out and dig for bike parts, it is going to have to wait cause it ain't going to happen today!!

Colorado has been getting snow since Halloween or so. Sking since a bit before Thanksgiving. The difference is that this is about the coldest it gets here, O*F right now. I used to live in central NH on a 40something mile long lake. In the winter it wouldn't get above 0 for a week at a time, constant 10mph breeze, frequent gusts up to 30, and occasional gusts at 50+. I love below zero snow, it's silly light and fluffy.

It was in the 70s today here in Dallas and is supposed to be a high of 36 tomorrow...the front is blowing in as I type (currently 39).

Baton down the hatches Unkie Stretch...she's coming your way. :shock:

weather.jpg

mid 50s today, was just outside comfortable in a tshirt and jeans, supposed to be an inch of ice on the roads by 7AM :shock:

the ice is here although slick steps and frozen windshield wipers is the worst of it, roads are fine ... around here anyway

Man that is cold enough to freeze your sprockets off. :roll: Dont see how you can sustaine life with it that cold. I would move indoors and not come out till around april. Lets see three movies a day for 4 months...wonder what blockbuster would charge for that. One good thing you can save a little money buy unplugging you refridgerator. :lol: :shock: :shock:

Unfortunately you have to plug in your vehicle or they won't start when it gets that cold, so there goes the savings from unplugging the fridge.

If it got that cold here I wouldnt worry about starting my car. Everything on the outside of my front door would have to be on its own.

Uncle Stretch said:
If it got that cold here I wouldnt worry about starting my car. Everything on the outside of my front door would have to be on its own.

dont forget to bring the plants inside :mrgreen:

Shoot at 26 below it would kill your plants inside. Man Yall gotta have some Kick butt insulation. Do you cover your houses with hay bales or something?

i just heard its like -10 in minnesota.

its gonna be in the upper 60s all week here.

schwinnmesa said:
I'm on my two hour delay right now from school. :mrgreen: ... That's about the only time I appreciate ice. :wink:

wait till you have kids then you can have more off days. kids school is without power because of down trees and ice on tne roads.

michigan for you though 40 and rain yesterday to day cold snow and wind with temps in the teens windchill 0 give or take a few

I bet even - 10 would solve my ongoing war with this armadillo. He tries to dig holes in my yard ,and I try to beat him in the head with a shovel. I'm thinking minus anything would freeze his stupid looking football self. Would like to see him dig through my front yard at -26. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
I bet even - 10 would solve my ongoing war with this armadillo. He tries to dig holes in my yard ,and I try to beat him in the head with a shovel. I'm thinking minus anything would freeze his stupid looking football self. Would like to see him dig through my front yard at -26. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need the Rodenator. Pump the holes full of gas and ignite. Good clean fun.
http://www.rodenator.com/
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... XLDA&hl=en Video

Back