Winged Hawthorne // FINISHED with PICS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old Soul... headbadge

y9uqe3yp.jpg

I'm likin' the way your pulling this together, clean details and stylish black
Think you'll like the Resist tires, they roll smoother than you think, I've beatin' on mine for a couple of years now

Thanks MPLS.. but the frame will end up being a light gray color, rims will stay black.. and some red accents thrown in.

With work this week, I won't get much done. Come next weekend I'll get the frame AND fork blasted to bare metal for a full mock up. Then the fun fab work can begin.

By then some more parts should also arrive. Stem adaptor, stem and bars are on order. :)

Parts are looking slick Justin, no wonder you get so much done ... with hardware stores and bike shops stocked like that it should be hard to not find something to work. Im guessing it makes it easier to spend money too though :mrgreen: Coming together nicely man !!!

Hey thanks guys!! This is that lull where all I can post are parts pics. Oh well, lots and lots of time left in this for sure.

The paint I'm going with for this build is Dove Gray. It's a 70s Ford color. There'll be an accent color or two in there as well.

Came on models like this Lincoln..
ru8ysuza.jpg

...BUT, this is more like it!!!
vahyru5e.jpg

Looks kinda like shiny primer... fingers crossed it'll look good.

Thats a cool color, im always too lazy to keep light colors like that clean :)

I think you are going to have to switch classes to get those tires to fit!!! :shock:

Awesome badge and guard my friend. I also dig the color choice. You think outside the box when it comes to color and you nail it. I think the gray is going to be smoking hot. I'm thinking about some color this year.

These are the lights I'll be using. The headlight I picked up at an antique shop in Salt Lake City last month. Its an old 6v motorcycle headlight. I tested it and it works. The taillight is a repro Yankee unit with an original Yankee glass lens. I had a complete original last year as an option for BO7, but I could only find the original lens. This repro will do just fine (it came with a plastic lens). On both lights, there is no room for batteries inside them. I need to figure out a 6v battery pack to hook them both up to, and somewhere to put it that looks good... If I had a tank, that would be a no brianer. :?

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

I didn't get nearly as much done over the weekend as I'd like. I sand blasted the frame and under the black paint, the red paint, and the blue paint there were some hidden scars. One of the chain stays and also one of the seat stays had a hole in it from tire rubbin over the years. I also found a crack in the down tube of the frame just below where the straight bar comes in.

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

Latest posts

Back