Will It Fit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a 53 Schwinn Straight bar with no head badge.. So before I post a "Wanted" add.. Will this year head badge work on my 53 frame.?? Sorry... Imanta... I used your picture for a sample.. I hope you don't mind.?

What do the holes on your '53 measure? There were 2 or 3 different hole spacings back then. Gary

Ok so I went and measured the head badge holes and this what I got.. 3 1/4" in length. (screw hole to screw hole).

That takes the large oval badge. Most common are "Schwinn" and "B.F.Goodrich". You should have no trouble finding one. Gary

I hace about 4 Schwinn badges and nine of them fit.
Now I'm on the hunt for the correct badge for this frame..
Thanks Gary.!!

Your badges are likely the later small ovals, used from late 50's on. A 53 straightbar will have a much larger oval badge, quite similar in size and shape to that big blue oval on the front of your frame.:banana:
Are you looking for a specific color?

I had some badges laying around and checked the size on them but yes they were to small. As for color.? I haven't put to much thought in to it really.. I guess any badge is better then no badge.. I was lIking the looks of the winged Schwinn badge but I think that one will be to small also..

I have a large brass Schwinn badge, black with chrome letters, off of a 53 ladies bike, but same hole spacing. If black might work let me know and I'll send a pic. $22 shipped

Back