Wifes and bikes...do they Mix..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you guys have to listen about how many bikes you have...
I wish bikes were the same size a shoes..so I could be even... :lol:

Re: Wifes and bikes...do the Mix..

NEVER!..........She rides with me.

My wife only likes when I sell one..go figure...She dont ride bicycles yet...I am building her one or two.....but she will jump on the Hog... 8) and go for a burn.. :wink:

I sold about 6 bikes this summer/fall and a bunch of parts too. However, I still got "spoken to" when I brought home one. :roll:

I bring home 3-4 bikes a week even the kids roll their eyes my wife only complains when theyre in front of her shed
I'll have to start selling some
marcel

Wives can't count. One bike gone = -0. One bike brought in = +10. I don't get " A LOT" of griping, but I do get some evil eyes. Accept when the creditcard bill comes, I get " WHAT DID YOU BUY THIS MONTH?" :roll: That is just the way they are. :lol:

yes and no(for me at least)
mine will ride with me,our son,loves the bike i made her,normally doesnt complain about how many bikes i have,or complain when i bring parts home,or even when i go down to sact. for the rides......only complaints she really has is that i spend way to much time in the garage working on them :?
(i keep telling her when i start working on the 31 she'll never see me)

I'm lucky, as many of you know, my wife not only enjoys the riding part but also loves to get into the building aspect as well. She hangs with the best of you guys when it comes to new ideas for her builds.

Right now she's working with Scrappy Ron to bring about a new bike (possibly for Autorama).
Build thread: http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... =17&t=2305
Although Ronnie is doing most of the welding on this build, rest assured, the girl can weld! I'm pretty much standing back and doing the picture takin'. Ronnie's teaching her (and me) some of his ways of doing things and letting her play with new shop toys. Because of this, I now can get a sandblaster when we can save up enough money! :mrgreen:

Gigs is also the heart of the FBM messageboard. Because of her enthusiasm and her ability to hang with the guys, many other women are have joined the board over the years. The FreakBike Militia - Great Lakes, as well as the other militias, have seen a dramatic increase in the number of women joining our outings! Alot of time, people of the female persuasion, are made to feel inadequate and unwanted in our hobby. The FBM/FBN is working to change this attitude with rides and events that fill in the gaps needed by all ages, sexes and riding levels.

For those of you whose wives do not join in on the fun ..... get their butts out there! It's o.k. to have your "guy times", but if you want to really enjoy your hobby get her interested and make her feel welcome! You'll reap the benefits in all aspects of your relationship! :wink:

My wife loves to get involved with my bikes, hoping to get money from MY hobby. I've sold a few over the years and she has utilized the profit. She doesn't calculate all the hours and work spent on getting a bike looking good, it's all in the dollar amount, I must work for free.

But I always find a few dollars when a good deal on a bike comes along. She needs to haggle as much as I need old bikes. If they come down even a couple dollars, she's happy. So she got this bargained down to 10 bucks at a yard sale today. One of the early beach cruisers, a "Solar Cycle".

osann5.jpg

Dad likes to complain about the clutterd yard, yet he still brings home bikes.. So i think he just likes to complain.. :lol: im not married yet Bless My SOUL! :p

well they did for 25 years, but now she's too fast for me........... :x

My future wife complained a lot. Then I threw together a frankenbike for her to ride while we were at the Jersey shore this summer and she loved riding with me and the rest of our bike gang. When we got home from that trip I needed some of the parts from her frankenbike for other builds so it got taken apart. She was mad that I took "her bike" apart. Now she's just back to complaining about how many bikes are in a section of our basement she never even goes into or uses. I keep my clutter contained to one area. She doesnt have to pay for any parts or tools and she doesnt see any of the profits when I flip a bike. Thats the way it should be...

For me, it depends. My wife is supportive and encouraging, but thinks I have too many. She''ll go riding with me, and I'm building her a girl's Schwinn Cruiser the way she wants it. I guess I really can't complain.

The second bike I restored was for my wife. A deluxe girls balloon Schwinn springer. She's ridden it maybe 5 times in 15 yrs. but never says a word about my bike hobby. I guess as long as she got hers, everything is peachy. Gary

I wish my wife would get into biking with me, but we've got 3 small kids who can't keep up, and a pre-teen who wouldn't been caught dead doing something cool with dad...

*sigh* I still get the speech about spending too much time in the shop working on bikes.

my ol'lady (and she dosent mind being called that) dosent say much ,but when she does i always say i could b doing worse things! then she pretty much says nothing else ...works every time

My GF hadn't ridden since she was a kid ('70s). She's been very cool with my obession/hobby, so long as it didn't impact on "our" time. I took the chance and set her up with a nce huffy cruiser figuring she'd get into the scene. This self-proclaimed prima donna took right to it.

We took a nice ride into historic Haddonfield, NJ and she rode like the wind, never complaining once. We settled at a nice outdoor cafe with a homemade bottle of vino and had a glorious Sunday afternoon. Rode back home and didn't miss a beat.

Couldn't ask for more.

Spin

Back