WHY I LIKE TEXAS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WHY YOU SHOULD MOVE TO TEXAS

Rat Rod said:
I've lived in Michigan and Illinois....I'll take a couple of months of high temps for mild winters. :D

Cool Steve, what part of Michigan did you once live at? Did the "blizzards" push you down to TX? :mrgreen:

Born in Texas...moved to Midland, Mi. in 1980.

Lived there until 87 and then we moved to Illinois for 3 years and then back down to Texas.

When you're born in Texas...it's just in your blood...you always come back. :lol:

i live in Clawson, MI, in the southeastern part of the state. snow hits pretty good here. past two weeks hasnt hit above 25. went down to -5 couple of times. had a -14 once. :D i like the snow. it grows on you. or more like fall on you. :lol: and what i dont like is builing bikes is an on-off thing with the seasons. my garage is totally seperate from the house, so its good and bad. total privacy and total FREEZING in the winter. :( and my bikes arent built for snow. slicks, skinny tires, floppy forks. not good in the snow. and half the people dont even shovel the sidewalks so its not worth going anywhere unless im on my schwinn (idk what kind) speed bike. and whats really bad there are actual RATS in my garage. literally. not the bikes, the vermon. big ones too. one ran right across the bench when i was working. scared me so much i ran outside. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Every place has rats....should have rat poison. Didnt you watch Ratoullie??? We got snakes and I'm pretty sure ill take a rat over a snake any day. I have looked and I dont see any snake poison anywhere. :roll: If I had a rat run across my workbench there are serious things to throw at him...Now a rattler comes by and i will tear down doors and walls to get away.

:lol: yeah, i did try to smash it with my hammer but i just didnt hit em. lil thing was too dang fast. and yeah i saw that movie, was good one. and i cant buy rat posion cuz we got two VERY curious dogs. rat traps and bacon grease are the most extreme we can go. and i bet that a snake would be worse than a rat, but maybe the snake will eat the rats instead of my hand or leg. :lol:

Rat Rod said:

When you're born in Texas...it's just in your blood...you always come back. :lol:

That is the truth, I have lived in upstate New York, Florida, Mississippi, and Johannesburg, South Africa. I have seen a lot of beautiful things, but there has always been an urgency to return to the Lone Star state. Don't even get me started on New York City :p

Texas sounds a lot like where I live...............only everything is bigger here :wink: :wink: .

And out of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world............Guess where 9 of them are?
Fortunately, Australian snakes have less contact with humans (must be cause the place is so big :eek: ) and are generally less aggressive, so bites and fatalities are fewer than in other countries.

Rat Rod said:
Born in Texas...moved to Midland, Mi. in 1980.

Lived there until 87 and then we moved to Illinois for 3 years and then back down to Texas.

Ok, Rat Rod, here's my story......

Grew up in NJ, moved to Midland Michigan to go to Northwood, transfered to LSU graduated and moved to Houston, now back in NJ until I can get another job back in H-Town.....

kinda weird....

Back