Why are Black Friday Krates worth so much?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned one for a week or so.

Personally I think the quality is crap, but for for what they sold for, it was worth that price.

No idea why anyone would pay much more than that for one....especially since they rust out with just the mention of rain in the forecast. :lol:

Rat Rod said:

Personally I think the quality is crap, but for for what they sold for, it was worth that price.

No idea why anyone would pay much more than that for one....especially since they rust out with just the mention of rain in the forecast. :lol:

Exactly. I just bought one a couple weeks ago for $25. I only wanted the springer and slick which are worth that alone. But $200 - $300 for a cheap wanna be stingray? You can get a couple originals for that price.

Rat Rod said:
especially since they rust out with just the mention of rain in the forecast. :lol:

Totally. The chrome is lame... and I use the word "chrome" very lightly; the chrome on a BFK reminds me of fogged up mirrors after taking a shower. :lol:

They're fun little bikes for their original retail price. I have one and it's great for $59 but I think a couple hundred dollars is topping it but who cares, someone likes them better than I do is all...

Rat Rod said:

I bought mine for $49 on 1-1-08. It made it all the way through the shopping season without getting picked up. The next day it started rusting lol. I think they rust fast so they can become classics over night lol, not really. I think people just blow up prices to make them seem more collectible than what they really are. I`m gonna keep mine unless someone offers me that $300 price tag for it lol.

I have one, get this... I washed it after we went to the beach and the paint fogged up and I had to polish it to get it away, it looked flat black :shock: One word to describe it is CHEAP :wink: Still fun to ride though :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I have one, get this... I washed it after we went to the beach and the paint fogged up and I had to polish it to get it away, it looked flat black :shock: One word to describe it is CHEAP :wink: Still fun to ride though :mrgreen:

Nah, that's just condensation. :D

i put wax on mine when i first got them.
and once a year sense.right before winter.
they stay in cold storage through winters.
& on a carport the other three seasons.
no rust or paint discolorations yet.
i guess maintenance is the key.

KJV said:
i put wax on mine when i first got them.
and once a year sense.right before winter.
they stay in cold storage through winters.
& on a carport the other three seasons.
no rust or paint discolorations yet.
i guess maintenance is the key.
I never did that. I just assumed that maybe, just maybe it could hold its own in a shed but I guess I assumed wrong.

Trust me Zach it wasn't :shock: It was rough like flat black :wink: My Dad says that the clearcoat might have came off :?

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Trust me Zach it wasn't :shock: It was rough like flat black :wink: My Dad says that the clearcoat might have came off :?

Haha, I was just trying to make up an excuse as if I was a sales rep. for Pacific Cycles. :lol:

I also have a black BFK and mine is the same way (I bought it used). It's flat black so much that I thought someone painted it that way but no, it's factory finish, sadly... No more sparkles. :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Use a good polish and it will look shiny :wink:

Latest posts

Back