Whoa Baby! Got a Beauty Here! ***Pics Now Added***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Haha. Just a tease for you all...

What will it be? How old is it? How many speeds does it have? What does it have to do with guns? All these questions and more will be answered. :p

See below for photos!

Re: Whoa Baby! Got a Beauty Showing up Tomorrow!

Birmingham Small Arms :mrgreen:

WP_000158.jpg

Hop-Along-Cassidy bike complete with holster and gun. :p Gary

Knowing you...It's probably a Bullitt Mustang.

Rat Rod said:

I doubt it is that one. I sold the Mossberg to a buyer in Jacksonville. I made some nice change on it too, so I doubt he resold it.

Ok, sorry guys. My wife took the camera to work so I can't get my own photos. I guess I have to go with the ones the seller sent me.

So, here it is! It is a 30's era (I think) Lovell-Diamond. LD was a small arms company based in Fitchburg, Mass around the turn of the century. They had a partnership on and off with Iver Johnson and indeed, this bike was made by Iver. On the downtube, it says Lovell Diamond and on the top tube there are somebody's initials painted in the same color and font, just a bit smaller. Best guess is that back then, you could order a bike with your initials on it. Cool. It has the 28" one-tube wheels with a New Departure DD 2 speed hub and shifter. Super cool. Of course, who knows what I will do for tires as these are not available. How about the bio-hazzard like chain wheel? Ultra cool! Worst parts are missing headbadge and the front fork is a little bent on the steer tube.

LovellDiamond1.jpg

LovellDiamond2.jpg

LovellDiamond3.jpg

LovellDiamond4.jpg

Nice find! That is way cooler than any Mossberg.

Cool single bar motobike! I recently picked up an Elgin Redbird which is a similar frame style but isn't nearly in as nice of condition. Beautiful seat and awesome carrier to boot. The fork wouldn't scare me to heat and bend back; it's not too far off straight. I've had good luck clamping the blades between 2x4s in a vice to prevent marring the paint, heat at bend, and put a tube that fits over the fork tube to get leverage right at the point where it's bent.

The two-speed ND is probably my favorite riding hub; it's just got the perfect gearing. Good luck getting this beauty riding :D

+1 on the Sweet Find Mojo.

Wow, that is a great addition to your collection!

Back