Who needs American restoration?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who needs American Restoration? lol Got this cabinet for next to nothing, they had been in someones garage for years.
This is after it was cleaned up sanded and painted

Before and after of the drawer pulls

Thanks, I'm really starting to dig the 50's car inspired stuff, found a few pieces lately that people just want to get rid of because they see rust on them and think it would be to much to save them

Nice to see some good old American iron getting restored and used. That will last 1000 times longer than this new particle board junk. :lol:

dumbest thing I ever did was replace the metal cabinets that came in my house with wood ones... just had to please the blushing bride... :roll:

I ALAWYS save vintage stuff when I'm working on a remodel. Have a bunch of similar art deco cabinet pulls, and a bunch of glass & porcelain doorknobs! I like the swirly brown ones the best. Also occasionally pick abandoned houses, when they're obviously open, unloved, and not posted! -Adam

That my friend is a Youngstown cabinet. I recognize the handles. My mom's house had those when we moved in and they were the originals (house was built in 1947). The free "help" she had removed all the cabinets properly until after he took the cast iron sink & counter off...then he took a sawzall to the cabinets underneath. I was so mad and mom was disgusted. I had to part them out! Since those cbainets and sink were special fit, I had to junk the cabinet frame AND the nice cast iron sink and counter.

Oh and when we first moved in, we had to remove one of the overhead cabinets to fit our fridge in. Like a dang fool I scrapped it, but that was when I was younger and dumber.

Back