WHO likes Raleighs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Been at this a very short time, and these bikes keep falling from the sky. Got this bunch of 4 Raleighs from the same guy, No Charge he said., Rick
IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

would the #'s be in the same place on all 4, Are you saying they would be on the sturmey archer hub and not on the frame ? I will check it out, Rick

Yeah very convienient, why didn't the rest of the worlds manufactures follow that trend

KZ1000 said:
would the #'s be in the same place on all 4, Are you saying they would be on the sturmey archer hub and not on the frame ? I will check it out, Rick

check on the seat tube at the top towards the front,seen em there in the past. dont know how to decode them tho, i always look at the hubs :roll:

Hey Im a raleigh guy too, I am just going on to post some pics in fresh finds.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/raleigh.html

You should find a lot of info scouting through the Sheldon Brown site. But as with my raleighs, the wheel doesnt always match the year of the bike. Plus many were worked on or cannibalized to keep others running. You have some projects there, Im a big fan of the rod braked bikes. If you cant restore them to original, rod brakes are an awesome start for Steampunk bikes. You Scored Big Time, enjoy them

I love old British bikes. Here is a 1971 New Hudson Sports I bought brand new a few years ago. It sat in a bike shop storage area and never sold. The tubes were folded flat in the rims so I guess they never had air in them. The bike has a few scratches from storage over the years. It came with drop bars and I still have them. I bought it for $5 at a closeout auction.
BritishBikes007.jpg

I also have this nice 1939 Raleigh Sports Model. The bars are Lauterwasser racer style. It was a great find. Rides like new.
BritishBikes005.jpg

The twins are also a nice Raleigh made bike. They are 1952 and 53 Rudge De-Luxe Super Safety Tourist bikes. I rode the 53 on an 85 mile tour this May. Nice bike but heavy. 4 speed Dyno hub, rod brakes.
BritishBikes001.jpg

I have this 1970 Raleigh Sports that has been sitting around for a while. It had a 1970 hub but now has a 56 or 57 hub. Itis a nice riding bike. I have it for sale locally. I would sell it to a board member but shipping is high from Canada. $75 or more for most US cities. Wheels are nice, seat is a new cheapy. Frame is in good shape, fenders are good.
DSC02837.jpg

1950's Humber Sports, twin tube forks, Sturmey gears, original paint was the Humber blue. The frame on this bike is badly bent on both top and down tubes. Still rides nice.
BritishBikes009.jpg

wow, nice, i like the 39 an those drops are right on. here a pic of my Superbe:

JWSMOCKUPBIKES119.jpg

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Back