Who is in College?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you attend and what are you going for? I'm at USM in Geography and found out today that a key credit WILL transfer from my old CC days and I eligible for graduation in December. I'm soooo happy right now, today has been all good news for me.

If you are going for a masters, do you think that was the decision you should have made or would you have done it differently? I'm thinking about pursuing mine along side my career when I graduate. I hope to get back to Orlando (hometown) but this last couple semesters I have become very good with a couple of my professors and wish I could stand staying in town to do my masters under them.

I go to college at North Idaho College. Going for HVAC/R. No master's though, my english teacher did tell me I shouldnt sell myself short and go for more :roll:

I'm currently at Colorado College studying psychology. I will be applying to PhD programs this summer. There will be some master's programs thrown in too. If I don't get into a PhD program, the masters will act as a stepping stone.

To the OP: My plan is research oriented while yours sounds a bit more applied. If you can get an employer to foot the bill, do it.

Going to the University of Central Arkansas for web development, and after that will probably do some design related something or another.

poorhotrodboy said:
im going for auto tech, and colision repair. at spokane comuinty collage.
I was thinking of going into that at NIC but decided not to, the way I figure, Everyone has a heater or AC in there house but not everyone will fix a dent in there car(I know this first hand) Got money from the lady who hit my car and I spent it on other stuff.

I'm currently a sophomore at The University of Kansas (KU). I just decided to study sociology, I've gotten some downgrading looks whenever I say that (most people think a degree is only for making money, so there are very materialistic people here.) My sister is an R.N. and my brother will be an R.R.T, so I am the odd ball out. But I chose this major because I want my life to be a service to others. I've been talking with my spiritual director (the vocations director), the archbishop, and my catechism teacher for a while and I've decided to apply to become a seminarian for the archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas before I graduate. The first step in that process is to have a bachelor degree, so I chose soc.

66olds98 said:
poorhotrodboy said:
I was thinking of going into that at NIC but decided not to, the way I figure, Everyone has a heater or AC in there house but not everyone will fix a dent in there car(I know this first hand) Got money from the lady who hit my car and I spent it on other stuff.

very true but there are tons of people who will. plus not everyone who has a car will know how to fix it. and unfortunately cars will probably be apart of most peoples everyday life. so i figure why not. also i think the day of a "backyard mechanic" is coming to a end. but the reall reason im doing this is the dream of owning a custom shop... so yeah.

Korporal said:
I'm currently at Colorado College studying psychology. I will be applying to PhD programs this summer. There will be some master's programs thrown in too. If I don't get into a PhD program, the masters will act as a stepping stone.

To the OP: My plan is research oriented while yours sounds a bit more applied. If you can get an employer to foot the bill, do it.

Geography has changed within the last 10-20 years like everything else has, and by that I mean...A LOT! haha. I bet a lot ofpeople would be amazed at the jobs that a "geographer" can get. A lot of it is technology based, cartography on programs such as ArcGIS and such. I've made maps that offer cost/difference comparisons for school routes to watershed maps letting you know where transit ships can travel or not. I got into geography thinking I was going to learn about "geography" like you would in high-school...I still haven't seen any of that! I love what I am doing.

Government jobs are non stop for geographers...if you can imagine that. I plan on getting on with the state (transportation) department first if nothing else and working up through the ranks, though I would love to START in government.

My buddy is a psych major.......you guys are nuts.

HoodooBrown said:
I'm currently a sophomore at The University of Kansas (KU). I just decided to study sociology, I've gotten some downgrading looks whenever I say that (most people think a degree is only for making money, so there are very materialistic people here.) My sister is an R.N. and my brother will be an R.R.T, so I am the odd ball out. But I chose this major because I want my life to be a service to others. I've been talking with my spiritual director (the vocations director), the archbishop, and my catechism teacher for a while and I've decided to apply to become a seminarian for the archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas before I graduate. The first step in that process is to have a bachelor degree, so I chose soc.

I love hearing people getting degrees for OTHER reasons. I've looked at peace corps, americorps, and maybe one day (hopefully) getting in with OCHA (Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs) and working with them once the experience has built up a bit. I hope to end up over seas by the time im 35...never been but want to go and stay haha.

poorhotrodboy said:
66olds98 said:
poorhotrodboy said:

very true but there are tons of people who will. plus not everyone who has a car will know how to fix it. and unfortunately cars will probably be apart of most peoples everyday life. so i figure why not. also i think the day of a "backyard mechanic" is coming to a end. but the reall reason im doing this is the dream of owning a custom shop... so yeah.
I'm not trying to dis ya, I help out at gForse when I can, and have learned alot about auto body repair. We do alot of custom work, it can be fun and rewarding. Learn as much as you can about painting, as far as I am concerned the area is lacking in really good painters.

66olds98 said:
poorhotrodboy said:
66olds98 said:

I'm not trying to dis ya, I help out at gForse when I can, and have learned alot about auto body repair. We do alot of custom work, it can be fun and rewarding. Learn as much as you can about painting, as far as I am concerned the area is lacking in really good painters.

not to mention that the money is in painting! i did autobody at a tech school for a while and loved it..........wouldn't do it for a job though, talk about hard work!

I'm going to Western Washington University, getting a "double major" or sorts in Plastics Engineering and Vehicle Engineering. All of my classes are either math based, materials classes, or hands on in the shop. I really like what I'm doing, and will graduate in about two years.

Latest posts

Back