Who here plays guitar?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if theres already a thread for this, I did a quick search and nothing, so I figured it would be cool to have one. Who here plays guitar, what kind of music, post pics of your setup...etc.
I gotta black strat, nothin fancy. I'll play anything from blues to metal and everything in between.

My last name is Fender and yes I am related to the Fender guitar name, though not close enough to score even a free pick. Otherwise, I don't play. :lol:

Played in a band in the early 80s. This photo prior to formation of the band.
me_jeff_guitars.jpg

Currently I just play around with a Ibanez Roadstar and a Fender Frontman.
ibanez_guitar_fender_amp.jpg

I'm a Drummer myself but i do have an Axe ! and a bass i'm thinkin of selling them both or trading for bikes or parts :idea:

permco_zps2089d0b5.jpg

blackbass_zpsc1ca38d0.jpg

I tried to learn a few times, even bought some cool guitars but I gave up and traded them off. Had a '67 teisco heit deluxe and a newer fender squire strat. Can't play a lick.

loco-joe.... cool beer holder :D :D :D

cover band in college late '60's was my "job" remember Inna godda da vida?

garage band for fun late 90's early 2000's. mostly singer, never really that great with guitar.

Played church Mass in choir more years than I can count. Sadly have not picked one up in so long I no longer have calluses.

Still have 2 acoustics, Fender Squire 51, Fender Bass, amp, PA system, etc. gathering dust! :(

jerrykr said:
remember Inna godda da vida?

Man I got to see Iron Butterfly LIVE at the Tipton VFW some years ago. It was a killer show even though they are old as dirt.

wow, Iron Butterfly playing VFW halls now! :shock:

local VFW was one of our best gigs.... we got half the door $1.00 per head.
Cowboy hats not allowed. occasionally "patrons" might get a little, lets say confused, get ready to leave and pick up the wrong hat.....
altercation would break out. :D Thanks for the memories!

sensor said:
I play one with 2 less strings. But it shares the name of a famous race car driver and American WW1 ace. :wink:

Ernie Irvin + Albert Ball = Ernie Ball ???

New-Music-Man-StingRay-Ernie-ball-Electric-Bass.jpg

I started out playing bass, self taught on guitar (= pathetic) I also halfway play banjo and mandolin too, not any good at any of them. Sold most of my stuff a few years ago except for the stuff that doesnt need plugged in, kept my first flat top my grandpa bought me and a cheapo nylon string classical guitar. I miss my telecaster the most though. I would love to replace it someday with a thinline bigsby if I ever get the chance to 8)

1_FENDERthinlineTELE73_1_.jpg

jerrykr said:
wow, Iron Butterfly playing VFW halls now! :shock:

local VFW was one of our best gigs.... we got half the door $1.00 per head.
Cowboy hats not allowed. occasionally "patrons" might get a little, lets say confused, get ready to leave and pick up the wrong hat.....
altercation would break out. :D Thanks for the memories!

That was about 8-9 years ago, but the show was awesome. I was probably the only sober guy there... :lol:

i been plying thrash/metal for about 10 years now
i had a band we almost actually made it but too many got greedy to accept our offer
now i play but i only got a fender starcaster with a 10 watt amp i play on
not as good as my 59 les paul Blondie i had but its good
my g/f got me it for Christmas
i have an awesome girlfriend lol

Oh, man, I loves me some geetar. After I saw this topic I recorded a song for you guys. I just can't figure out how to get it from itunes to here! This is the rig I used for it:
IMG_0470 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
A '64 Fender Vibro-Champ (RCA 12AX7 x2+ GE 6V6GT + Sino 5AR4 = 5 watts of killer tone!), Ibanez Tube Screamer (with JRC4558D chip and output resistor mod), DiMarzio cables, and a 2008 Gibson Les Paul R58.
Here's the Mexican Tely I got last September for my birthday.
IMG_0471 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Both guitars were expertly set up by Andrew McCracken @ https://www.facebook.com/mccrackenguitar
Other posts about guitar stuff:http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60057
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56188

Hey Randy, if you ever want to get rid of your Ibanez, let me know!

lowpowerD, would love to hear the song.
just a suggestion, make a quick movie with win movie maker live (or apple equiv.)
use that picture set to display for at least the length of the song, add in the sound file, and upload to youtube.

great looking rigs!

Yeah, I love me some guitar. I have a handful of them and other stringed instruments. Been playing for years now and have done several bands. Most recently was an country/folk/punk'n'roll. Here's a picture with my Gretsch G3161. We weren't quite as punk rock as the first picture appears; good times. The guitar now has a Bigsby to make it a more legit Gretsch.

Then my most recent craigslist score--a '68 blackface Twin Reverb! The right amount of lovin' on this one that I won't feel bad dragging it around but so that it still looks good. And the price was marvelous. I may very well die with this amp.

225085_10150170627838114_7444618_n.jpg

432066_10150651756508114_1509806078_n.jpg

DSCF4193-1.jpg

Back