Who here is over 50?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man-i-feel-old-too-many-candles-in-this-cake.jpg
:p

Wildcat said:
Just turned 54. Vitamins and fish oil really make a difference for me.
not at 50 yet but at 43 i'm thinking make it to 49 then be very careful. Fish oil made my bearings smell funny when i tried it

Happy Birthday Graylock!!! :D deorman.....you need to secure the perimeter a little better! there are too many kids sneaking into this thread! :lol:

We need this?

Texting for Seniors
Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting, there appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code)

If you or your loved ones qualify for Senior Discounts, this is the code for you. Please pass this on so inter-generational dialogue can go on forever! (Or as long as the eyes can see that teeny tiny lettering).

ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Fainted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CGU: Can't get up
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
ROFL/CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
GGLKI: Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In

Graylock

60 this January. Hair -- yes, Mind -- questionable, Bicycle involved -- definately.

I don't mind that I don't get asked for identification when purchasing cigarettes, or even alcohol anymore --- but it really hurts if they don't check my I.D. when I ask for the senior discounts.

Working on getting family pictures posted.

Bfelt

big AL said:
THE BIG 50
It's just around the corner now in July so I'll post again when the day comes with some pic's.

Al :shock:
I just wanted to add one thing about turning 50.
People often ask why I own so many bicycles? and why do I like bikes so much?
I turn it around and ask them, can you remember the day when you got your first bicycle? do you remember that feeling? That bike was my magic carpet ride, and you ride it and never grow old. Every bike I have owned since still makes me feel like that. I guess what I'm trying to say my fellow bike lovers keep riding and you will never grow old and 50 is 50 yrs strong. :wink:

Al

big AL said:
big AL said:
THE BIG 50
It's just around the corner now in July so I'll post again when the day comes with some pic's.

Al :shock:
I just wanted to add one thing about turning 50.
People often ask why I own so many bicycles? and why do I like bikes so much?
I turn it around and ask them, can you remember the day when you got your first bicycle? do you remember that feeling? That bike was my magic carpet ride, and you ride it and never grow old. Every bike I have owned since still makes me feel like that. I guess what I'm trying to say my fellow bike lovers keep riding and you will never grow old and 50 is 50 yrs strong. :wink:

Al

Nicely put.

I'm 53 and surprised I can still lift weights and ride a bike 10 or 20 miles. Not a lot has changed except my wasteline got bigger, I'm more nearsighted and have a little bit less endurance. Also, stupid questions and giving directions is harder to deal with.

Hey Guys,

I am over 50 as of today.

I have this new urge to yell at kids walking across my lawn :lol:

Today, my wife and me went to a LBS
and dug through bins of old bike parts
We picked up a box of cool stuff for $20
I couldn't be happier :D

This whole thread with text and pics, has made my day! Yes Im 50, and its good to see you guys are a similiar breed ,,, that have not given up and rolled over , playing dead before its time. My 15 yr old daughter thinks Im crazy sometime. But my brain has no desire to grow crusty. I see to many friends who dont do stuff because they think they are too old.
Kudos to all of you.

Steve in Hou.

Back