whizzer forks??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get one in the future but ive been scared away from them because people said they break can anybody tell me anything about them?? like their strengh and also if anybidy had one break on them can you tell me what you were doing when it broke? thanks

yeah i mean the new ones that are sold as monark whizzer forks like this

:
21005_crossbow_Monark_fork.jpg

those are the monark repop springer forks. i don't know of them coming on the whizzers stock. i have a 1999 and the forks were the motorcycle style forks, they work great and are very durable. definately stay away from the monark style on a motorbike. i have heard of them breaking at the bottom of the springs where they are welded. i actually bought one for my '99 and didn't use it for that reason after hearing about it. as for the rest of the bike, they run for ever and you can modify the crap out of them and they are still durable! we go on 50-60 mile rides and have no worries! :D here is my '99. i am running a columbia springer on it and it will run 50mph, cruises' effortlessly at 35mph. now i will tell you, the new ones they are building are said to be "junk". haven't had one. so if you buy one, try to get a '99 or somewhere close to that year. pm me and i will tell you what you can do to make them better than stock and make them "run", because they will only run about 25mph stock.
104_4639.jpg

It isn't the use, it's shabby incomplete welding. They can be fixed, but after seeing the poor overall quality on some posted here, I don't know if its worth it. They're pretty costly for what you get.

Back