Which bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have chosen my favorite but I am curious, so a quick non-scientific poll.

Which bars are best?

OPTION 1, Cruiser half-moon bars, chopped 3" on each end, inverted board tracker style
IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3425.jpg

OPTION 2, Same as above except not inverted
IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

OPTION 3, Electra Townie bars
IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

Would love some opinions.

Thanks,

I vote #3, for as high as the seat is, it looks like your'e knees might be too close to your'e handle bars. #1might be a backache on long rides [well for me it was]. #2 well looks too stock, too like everybody else, you built a nice custom bike go all the way...so #3 fits the bike much better...Looks wise and probably ride wise too. These are JUST MY thoughts opinions etc.So chose whatever you like best . Have fun riding :mrgreen:

Option # 4 Ape Hangers....Try em you'll like em :wink:

Rafael

With the seat position #2 for style & comfort. Although, #1 would be a close second vote for me

Thanks for the input everybody. Before I reveal my choice I will say that this build is based on the idea of giving the rider a comfortable and rugged platform meant to provide a commanding view of the landscape during exploration, all while maintaining classic lines.

That's why I am going with...
IMG_3452.JPG

OPTION 2

I considered the idea of BMX bars. The Felt bars that Milbums suggested I think are the exact same ones on my Felt MP and they would probably be too low to give the rider that "commanding view". They are nice though. Taller BMX bars have geometry similar to the Electra Townie bars. Because they stick out more straight you still have to stoop forward a bit to reach them. That's partially because of the seatpost I am using (I'm 6'3" tall) Anyways #2 is really comfy and classic looking and with the chopped bar ends it looks mildly custom, so I am happy with that.

Thanks again everybody. Tune into the build if you like: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=67728

Later,

jayblok said:
My wrist hurt when I try to use option #2 and i have to switch to BMX style Handlebars. Anyone else have the wrist issue?

Sounds like a personal problem... :lol: No at that angle it probably does take a toll on you.

Back