Where's Hickory? Where's Hickory! IT'S A TWISTER! DOROTHY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well last night, we had hail, thunder, and lightning, oh my! We also had a bit of WIND! Some say it was or wasn't a tornado, but by looking at the damage, I'd say it was a twister! I think it touched down in the park-just down the street from my dad's house-AND MY MOM'S! So it wouldn't have mattered which hosue I was at. My dad had a huge branch thrown into his yard which crushed the fence. My mom had two large branches bust off too. Like toothpicks, one took out her power line and the phone cable and the box! Ripped clean off the house (again). A window in the garage was smashed as well. Hail pounded my car and my step-dad's, as well as my dad's new Ford Escape. Luckily no damage was caused as the hail was limited to pea-size.

The park got the worst of it. There wasn't a tree in that area that was untouched. Entire trees ripped out from the roots, 100yr old trees snapped like toothpicks and TWISTED like rubber. The football field fence was crushed and power lines ripped off. The baseball field nearby also suffered similar damage. this morning, there were reports of trees and poles blocking the roads.

25A also suffered damage. A whole section was closed off as about 5 power poles were down and scattered. Pics coming tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhQySxqSANU

Maybe for the trick-or-treaters next month I should put a witch on an old girl's gike. LOL! :mrgreen:

Back