WHERE I CRUISE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Okay...it's sunny and 73 here in the big "D" today so I decided to take the Elgin on a cruise around the neighborhood that my office is located in.

I usually take off during the afternoon for a 15-30 minute ride around the neighborhood if the weather is nice.

The church I work at is sitting in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country. It's a bit surreal riding around looking all of these massive homes with perfectly manicured yards, multiple garage doors and exotic cars parked around. This area is about 10 minutes north of downtown Dallas.

This area is home to folks like Jerry Jones, President George W Bush, Mark Cuban, Ross Perot, etc. It's basically the Beverly Hills of Dallas.

The area where I usually ride has fairly modest homes here compared to the ones a little further south.

I took a few quick snapshots to show everyone where I will never be able to afford to live. :D

Here's the house that I office out of...
IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

Back of the church...
IMG_3731.jpg

Street that my office is on...
IMG_3733.jpg

Aerial shot of the church...not taken on my cruise. :lol:
church.jpg

My trusty steed...
IMG_3735.jpg

JN 14:2

asking for us northern boys.
whats all that funny green stuff all over everything??? :mrgreen:

looks like a nice place to be. thanks for the look.

It's interesting....most of the houses in the area have gas lights on either side of their doors and they burn 24/7.

I guess when you are a millionaire your gas bill is the least of your concerns.

Most of the area used to be smaller houses built in the 40s and 50s, but folks pay a million dollars for a lot in this neighborhood.

They usually buy the lot with the old house on it and then demo the old house and build the new.

I mean heck, how can you expect to live in a house less than 6000 square feet! :lol:

The LORDS scratching his head ????????

Rat Rod said:
It's interesting....most of the houses in the area have gas lights on either side of their doors and they burn 24/7.

I guess when you are a millionaire your gas bill is the least of your concerns.

Most of the area used to be smaller houses built in the 40s and 50s, but folks pay a million dollars for a lot in this neighborhood.

They usually buy the lot with the old house on it and then demo the old house and build the new.

I mean heck, how can you expect to live in a house less than 6000 square feet! :lol:
The BEST book says,
"In My House Are Many Mansions". If its ok with you LORD can I turn in that ol mansion for more bikes and 3000 extra miles of paved bike path??? You'll think about it!?,Thanks!!!
Seriously, nice pics, thanks for the tour &Cheers

Nice area with the big trees. That looks similar to streets around my house. A couple of streets over is one the Grande streets of Boise- Harrison Blvd.

I live about 25 miles north of this area and we have no trees. :cry:

The neighborhoods were built in 1997 and most folks have torn out their trees because we have small front yards and they planted these goofy Bradford Pear trees that suck up all the water and kill your lawn.

My house did not have many old trees when I bought it. There was a apricot tree that was old ,big and messy but eventually died. It shaded the house on those hot summer day. I have since planted many trees. My new shade tree is a Sunset Maple that is finally big enough to do some good.

bikeriderx said:
Dude, that's a BIG church! :)
That would be the "buckle" of the Bible Belt :wink: Well, actually 1st Bapt. Dallas is the "buckle" but Highland Park is second 8) Usta clean pools in that neighborhood in the 80's. That's when all the "McMansions" began to be built. I have a friend down there still living in her little house that is surrounded by HUGE homes on either side. She doesn't like them looming over her! :x Beautiful neighborhood though!

Back