Where do you go to show off your bike in your town?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expjawa
Tell the store Caption ( head manager ) what you just said here.
I'm sure they will listen, and be more then willing to help,
Might already be in the works..... It may just be that the landlord has not supplied a bike rack yet.

Please let me know what happens
Skip

expjawa said:
Skipton said:
I ride everyday to and from work
Love riding in the City of Chicago

Bad pic.. But love to park in front of work (I work at Trader Joe's) the bikes get a lot af attentiion
4seasons012-13.jpg

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but your comment brought to mind an issue that bugs me slightly. Trader Joes finally opened a store in my area. For the past several years, I've actually been bringing their stuff home with me from Detroit on business trips. Anyway, the new store is just off of a spur trail from the Erie canal trail, in an area that I use when I commute to work by bike. So, getting to the store by bike is straightforward, IMO. There is, however, no place anywhere out front to lock up my bike. It irks me, especially given the brand image that Trader Joe's has built, that no consideration was given to this. I'm certainly not going to leave my Long Haul Trucker sitting out front unlocked. About the best I could do is lock the bike in front of Barnes & Noble, about an eighth of a mile away. Anyway, sorry for the digression...

Suggest it to the store manager. Tell them you want to be green but it's hard when you can't lock up your bike.

NicksGarage said:
Suggest it to the store manager. Tell them you want to be green but it's hard when you can't lock up your bike.

That's pretty much what I'd been talking about with Skipton by PM. I'd already thought about doing exactly that, but since the store was just opened and still fairly overwhelmed with customers and having a hard time keeping the shelves stocked, I thought I'd just wait till the situation normalized a bit before bothering them with this kind of problem...

I live in Savannah's Historic District, which is one of the main tourism draws for our city. I just ride my bikes around Forsyth Park, the Squares, City Market, and River Street. It's very cool when locals and tourists give you "Cool Bike" shout outs.

You can see some of my adventures in my Savannah thread
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46460

I even have a video of me running down one of our 13 million tourists on Fugsley in front of the Forsyth Park Fountain.
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVrW-D- ... e=youtu.be

savWP_000618.jpg

Back