where cani send small parts for chrome plating?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do y'all send parts for chrome plating? I'm in the Dallas Texas area, although don't mind sending them off.

Thanks. Mullz

I have sent auto stuff to Speed and Sport Chrome in Houston(speedsportchrome.com/‎). They have a quick turnaround and do nice work. You send them your parts and then they call you with a price quote before doing any work. I just had a skip tooth sweetheart chain ring plated by Qualchrome in Erie PA and it's gorgeous, the ring was really pitted and I'm sure that added to the cost. $100.

Good chrome plating is not cheap. I've used Proctor's in Michigan. They are anal retentive. They call you when they open the box to verify the contents. They take a pic of every piece that comes in. Flawless plating on every part. The did a super job on a prewar Schwinn rear reflector housing that was very thin.

If someone tells you they can get your parts plated "cheap", run as fast as you can...the other way! With chrome, you get what you pay for. Gary

Latest posts

Back