When you see a guy on a woman's bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think when you see this, if anything? I got to thinking of it because the only place I've seen a guy on a woman's bike was in rough neighbourhoods. It seems that if a man buys a bike that it's always the high bar style.

I am asking because I am cannabalising a lower end woman's road bike, to better one of my other bikes. I plan on making this bike complete in the end, but with the parts unfit for my other bikes. Think of it as a bike to run arrands on and leave outside the store unlocked with no worries.

The beater bikes always seem to be the most fun for some reason.

GreatWhite00 said:
The beater bikes always seem to be the most fun for some reason.
Great quote.

Sounds like a plan for a great utility bike. Add some racks or basket and don't worry.

I see em in all varieties too! road, BMX, MTB, fixie, touring... someone needs to make a Y frame chopper... :lol:

When I see a guy on a womans bike...I want to run up to him with a roll of duct tape and put a piece between the headtube and the top of the seat tube. There! A top bar. Machismo restored. :p Gary

i stopped fretting bout what peeps thought of me back in grade nine. :lol:
guys bike, girls bike...if its old and cool, i'll ride it with pride. :)

you gotta remember its only a girls bike, cause you've been brain washed into thinking its a girls bike your entire life.
who desided?

skirts can be hiked up, but it would seem to me guys need a little more room between the legs than girls. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I give respect. It takes b@lls sort of like going to a harley rally on a moped. I recently picked up a purple starlet tank bike for the racks and headlight to put on my american. I would take it out on the town in a heartbeat.

I live in Ocean Beach, Ca, which is a small beach town that happens to be in the middle of a huge city.
Rat Rods are big around here because bike theft is rampant and people like to own nice bikes that are 'camouflaged.'
I would say that close to half of the bikers I see around here are on woman's cruisers. I think the reason is because they can usually be purchased for less, and the stretch woman's frames give a lower center of gravity. I have ridden woman's bikes around that I plan on flipping and I don't mind, but it's a bit embarrassing if the bike is ALL PINK!!

Lots of old guys ride a step through style frame because they can`t throw a leg over the saddle anymore. I say "more power to `em" ...at least they`re still on two wheels! :)

A bike is a bike, is a bike, is a bike. Most people would probably miss the fact that it's a "girls" bike if you've ratted it out. They'll be too awed by it's awesomeness!

Its a "girls bike" if a female is riding it. Its a "step thru frame" if a guy is riding it.
Ever notice that a lot of tandem bikes have "step thru frame" up front. Would you dare calling that a "girls bike" and have your girl lead you around all the time.

By definition, a woman's bike is a bike that belongs to a woman. All my bikes belong to me so they are all man's bikes. One of my favorite riders is a 60's ladies spaceliner.

I don't really care girls bike or guys bike, it's a bike. As long as it's not some girly color it's cool. Although some "Girl's bikes" Are actually Boy's frames painted purple with stars. Take the Brat's lowrider for example......

P9100129.jpg

I own and have ridden it but I did recently paint it.

Back