When you buy from a site sponsor do you.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When you buy from a site sponsor do you make sure they know you are a member here? I do because it's an old habit from my military surplus collecting days. Back then I always made it known I was a Gunboards.com member when placing a order so that they knew their advertising dollars were working. Therefore I do it here for the same reasons. I figure sponsors help pay for the site and need to know we make purchases from them because of that. Tonight I made my first purchase from Porkchop BMX via his website and in the special instructions box I typed Ratrodbikes.com member Nagant. That's just an example of how it can be done when there isn't a comments box or you're not doing a order via the phone. I can't remember ever seeing a post from Rat Rod encouraging us to do this so I was curious if other members do.

Thanks Nagant....that is a helpful thing you're doing. ;)

I can tell these guys what their click through stats are all day long, but unless they know where the dollars are coming from, it's hard for them to truly know how effective the ads really are. There are a couple of them savvy enough to watch their site analytics to see where the traffic is flowing from, but a note from the buyer is a sure thing.

Thanks Rat Rod. I'm really glad you approve of it. Hopefully more members will start doing the same thing. I realize there are all sorts of statistical data these days to show member support, traffic...... but I agree with you that hearing it straight from individual customers likely gets there attention more so.

I used to, but the only sponsor i order from these days is Porkchop... and i mentioned RRB the first 3 or 4 times, so.... i think he gets it.

Back