wheel painting issue.. whats your solution

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if there is a topic, if so this can be deleted.. im kind of in a rush to get my car working and get this bike greased up to put back together..

i do have a question.. right now i have my spokes and my outer rim two different colors.. i have some residual spray on the spokes of course since i didnt get it covered up but i'd like to touch them up w/o getting any spray on the rim paint.. its not a lot just like up to an inch on certain rims that needs touching up..

whats your techniques and ways to get that done? I thought ab using model paint and a brush

spongebrush. and either the spray paint you used to paint the spokes with or use some oil based rusto. the sponge will fall apart after some use but it lays the paint on nicely. no brush marks. if it's a small touch up, the torn end of a paper match works wonders. if you have any can handling skillZ, try touching it up with a bomb can. it's by far the quickest method.

Take the rims appart

Paint the rims...clean/paint the spokes/nipples.

Lacing/truing a rim is fun!

Thats the way I've always done it with great results.

Back