Wheel/hub question...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm an idiot but at least i'm aware of it. Are the Nexxus Hubs everyone get excited about coaster brakes too? Is there a wheel or hub I could get that's 3-spds at least with a Coaster Brake that I can put skinny (26 X 1 3/8 ) rims on?

they make both types in the nexus hubs, w/coaster brake and without, tho ive never actually seen a nexus w/o a coaster brake myself. your lookin at bout $100 tho, ive got 2 bikes with a nexus 4 and they have been flawless as of yet. (nexus 4 is discontinued BTW) they still make em in 3, 7 & 8's i think, you can find S/A internal geared hubs, theres alot more of them around w/o a coaster brakes than with em tho, also a shimano 333 but they were kinda on the cheap side (price & quality at the time). the other thing bout the nexus is there really wide so if you use one be prepared to spread the rear stays.

this is just what ive picked up in the short amount of time ive been back into bicycles, im sure others can advise ya better.

actually alot of the 3 speed shimano 333 coaster brake hubs are on wheels for the 26 x 1 3/8 tire so you could end up with a complete wheel

some of the nexus have roller brakes its an internal brake but uses a lever and cable

I have a couple of the 333 hubs mounted on that sized wheel. They are pretty easy to come by. The kicker is finding a working shifter...the hubs are okay if they are working, but repair parts don't exist. There are plenty of Sturmey Archer 3 speed hubs out there too. I would avoid the TCS series but the AWC is okay. Parts are still pretty much available for them. You can buy a whole bike with hub and shifter from Wallymart for $120, but the wheels are 26x2.125...

Aaron 8)

Thanks guys time to go yard saleing!!

Back