Wheel builders - Spoke lengths for Morrow to Araya 26 in. 7x rim?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious to know if anyone has built a wheel and knows/remembers the spoke length used. Thanks. Just seeing if someone may have the info on hand before I try one of the calculators.

Socal

Went with 260s, 3 X, this will be the second set of wheels I build. The first set I built up were 3 X and they came out nice. I doubt the 4 X would have been any harder to build though.

No I am building a front also, a high flange Sunshine hub to 7X rim, 3 X also, 260 mm spokes also.

No I am building a front also, a high flange Sunshine hub to 7X rim, 3 X also, 260 mm spokes also.

With a 4cross the same spoke fits front and rear regardless of the hubs spoke circle diameter. With a 3cross, a difference in the hub spoke circle diameter between front and rear sometimes results in a different size spoke requirement. If your sunshine is about the same as your rear, you are OK. If they are not similar in size, you may have a problem. :(

I don't jack around with 3cross without a compelling reason. But, all my bike interests are from the era and of the type where 4cross was universal.:)

Pretty soon here I will build my ultimate ballooner wheelset using aluminum rims. I will use 3 cross in this case to save a few grams in weight because of the shorter resulting spokes. But I will measure carefully and expect to buy 2 different lengths.... :)

Last edited:
Back