whats this BMX?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I aquired this from my dad the other day. The bike, not the boy. And I know nothing about it other than its been sitting at least 20 years. Any ideas?

IMG_20130912_190925-1.jpg

IMG_20130912_191045.jpg

When I first saw it, I thought it looked like one of the billions of bikes GT produced over the years, and subsequent google search reveals there was a GT Nitro produced. It appears to have been on the low end of their lineup, but pretty much any GT is worth having.

Toeslider said:
When I first saw it, I thought it looked like one of the billions of bikes GT produced over the years, and subsequent google search reveals there was a GT Nitro produced. It appears to have been on the low end of their lineup, but pretty much any GT is worth having.

Could also be badged as a Dyno Nitro, Also made by GT.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/dyno/52512

Thanks. I would like to find out what year it is, but can't locate a serial number.

Now is this a bike worth fixing? Its amazingly heavy for the size.

Around my area Dynos normally bring around $75-$100 in decent riding condition, If it's got sentimental value go for it and fix it up, if not and you're trying to flip it for cash then sell it as it sits. I see basket case Dynos go for $50-$75 for a frame and fork with wheels laying next to them so from a flip standpoint there's not enough profit margin to really put money into new parts. Just my $0.02

Serial number should be either on the crank housing or on the rear dropout (I can't remember for sure)

Toeslider said:
There you have it. I had a tough time finding one with the word nitro on the down tube, but I was looking at GTs. I never know what to call those GT/Dyno hybrids.

Around my area they seem to have a cult following by all the kids who are now in their 20's and 30's and remember riding them to school back in the day. I call them "Flip bikes" Not because you can do flips on them but because I flip them for cash.

Thank you.

It doesnt have any setimental value. I remember my dad got it for myh little brother. but he never rode it. He wasnt into bikes.

So now I will figure out what to do with it. Might rebuild it for my boy when gets older. Dont know yet.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back