What's the most common type of bike you see in your area?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the most common type of bike you see in your area?

• Old School BMX

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Ballooner

• Old lightweights/middleweights

• Vintage 10-speed

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Cruiser Reproductions

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Fixies/Singlespeeds

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Chopper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mountain bikes

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
Equal split of high end roadies, high end mountain bikes, and flogged to death department store specials out here in the outer burbs of Sydney. In Sydney CBD its all about the fixies though!

Around here there a re a lot of mt bikes, but what I see most, and to much of, are wannabes on bmx bikes bouncing off walls and hopping curves, while attempting to keep their pants from falling all the way down while they do it. But only when they aren't riding into oncoming traffic, or going out at night and tossing bikes in the river.

Shaggy

Here in Queens,NYC lots of department store mountain bikes and expensive road bikes. There are a lot of guys in spandex bike clothes looking down at my fat tire Roadmaster on the bike paths.
If they only knew.
Jeff

in my worthless excuse for a town, the bikes I see being ridden the most are department store FULL suspension MTB's. Followed closely by BMX's.

Old people rarely ride around here
Road bikes are scarce

This town has no scene, nor mountains... which makes the fact that MTB's are so dang popular kind of ironic

out here in Folsom City, and where I work in Sacramento......
lots of "squids" :wink: (or spandex'clad road bikers)

BUT.... downtown is flat as a plank, so you'll see plenty of fixed/singles and cruisers too.

I grew up in the S.F. Bay Area working in bike shops in the 80's and 90's
nothing but MTBs and fixed gear for the bike messengers

City at large: Box store MTB > $$$ road > $$$ MTB > 10 speed, fixed, & cruiser

College: 10 speed > Box store MTB > cruiser > fixed > $$$ MTB > $$$ road

Around my area, there's a lot of crazy hard core road bikers. then there's the kids who ride around on mountain bikes and bmx bikes they bought from meijers.

when i come across a middleweight or ballooner for sale..95% of the time its stinkin RED. i used to like it, till thats all i ever see :lol:

I live in a small town in the UK stuck right in the middle between Manchester and Liverpool. In my town it's almost all MTB's. In the cities mostly Hybrids and 'shopper' bikes along with one or two customized jobs.
Google G man and the hippy or GBH bikes Manchester England for some unusual looking machines.
Regards,
Joe Poncho.

It depends where you are around here, but overall by far it's roadies and usually on a pretty expensive bike. Along the 101 on the weekends they'll roam in packs 25-50 racing along the 101 from expresso shop to expresso shop although the odd guy actually training for a tri can be seen. Around town a good showing of cruisers vintage to modern and anything in between as well as a smattering of fixies (although not as many as at one time) and an occasional mtb. At the boardwalks like PB the lion's share are cruisers. In the local mountains it's all mtbs of course.

Latest posts

Back