What year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an older boys bike, I think from the early 50s maybe? Its a Sterling 26" cruiser and in the nameplate it says "Built like a watch" and "Westfield MFG. Co. Westfield Mass." Stamped on the bottom of the frame by the crank is M131925 Can anyone tell me the year of this thing?

Thanks for answering so fast, I will post some photos in the morning. On the link you gave they say this is a cheaper bike but it seems very well built to me. I bought it at a yard sale just on a lark but now I like it so much I sold my mountain bike and ride this one

Great looking bike. Here's a page from the 1948 Columbia catalog on Daves's Vintage Bikes webpage. It looks like yours is a model M69 Standard Motobike. If the original seat isn't too far gone, you might try to recover it.
nqpk4x.jpg

The original is in good shape, the leather is cracked but the horsehair? pad is great and so are the metal parts. I was thinking about recovering it if I can find someone to do it.

Check the How To forum here, some members have recovered their old seats. I did it with my build off bike last year, it's not too hard to do. I went to a fabric store to find vinyl or other material that would work.

That's cool! I have an identical frame without a badge, as well as the right dropout has fallen out at some point! I always thought those frame darts look like post hole diggers! -Adam

Back