what would you do

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To keep it short I have a lady who is willing to give me a Mt bike..she has no clue of make and model color ect...But Its 1 hour away...oh she says her husband wouldnt have bought junk..?
Do I chance taking a ride to pick up a walmart bike or it could be real good..?

Oh its in an attic to could be a treasure..!

I would grab it. Only because I would take anything to scavenge parts from. You never know it could be worth it.

I dont need parts..I have a ton of parts and bikes..?

I always make the trip, you never know till you see it, if it is a score great, if it is junk, sell it for Gas money and nothing lost. If you don't go, you will always wonder, "What If". You may also find something unrelated that interest you too

If you go, she might have another older bike there :wink: You never know :|

Does she have some kids, nephew or whatever to pull it out and read the label? :? ... Never mind, they'll end up keeping it. :roll:
Adult's attic bike worse case dried out tires.
Go and score or flip for gas if it's nuttin' speshul.

I'd grab it, worst case scenario is it is a wal-mart bike and you could sell it on craigslist and break even for the trip. Or it could be something good like a Surley or something. Who knows but it's worth a shot in the dark.

well...since ive seen this happen within my wifes family id take the trip.
4 people got free running honda trail 90s from the 70's just for coming to get them(i couldnt save them all but i did manage to save a 110 for the boy and i).....
whats an 2 hour round trip cost in gas? id say $20 in gas and 2-3 hrs. of time....whats to loose?

might run across others in the travel.
pull your trailer. :idea:eek:nce we did a 2 hour trip for a bicycle.the one we went after wasn't much;
the ladies neighbors started ,saying"i have a bicycle you can take".ended up with a nice haul on that trip. :arrow:

This was in someone's attic near me since 1987. He had ridden it once and then it hung in his attic for the next 24 years...covered.

Apparently he decided he didn't like road bikes afterall. It ended up selling for $400 on Ebay. I say make the trip. :wink:

DSC_0020.jpg

Still undecided..? We are going to get some snow over night ..If we get a few inches I wont drive my van...Still its going to cost me 40 dollars in fuel..
If I do go and its a walmart bike..I would just give it away to the first kid I see on the way home..!

Too far away for an unknown bike in my opinion; I wouldn't do it. Sure, it would be cool if the bike was a Bianchi MTB or a Diamondback, Gary Fisher, etc... But what are the chances? It would stink being an hour away from home while you'd be loading up a Magna or Next.

But if it's in the attic, who knows? Very tempting... but at the end of the day, I just wouldn't do it. Too much time and gas money at risk (and gas isn't getting any cheaper). :lol:

You just can't tell. I recently took a 1/2 hour trip for two bikes. They ended up being '70's Murrays. But for $5 a piece, I couldn't lose!

I ended up calling that lady twice on Sunday no answer..I had the address but it was over an hour away..so No Go..
I took my dryer apart to see why it was not heating and we painted my sons bathroom..!..Room painted dryer fixed..its all good,,!

She probabbly looked at it, seen that it said Schwinn, and put it on CL for 500 bucks :roll:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
She probabbly looked at it, seen that it said Schwinn, and put it on CL for 500 bucks :roll:
lol Yeah I think everybody on c-list around here has A.P.S. (American Picker Syndrome). :roll:

Latest posts

Back