what would you do with this prewar? opinions please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys i just scored one like this today. and with no badge either. and still don't know anything about it. the rear drop down tubes( from seatpost to dropouts) are different from a columbia. they are straight all the way, maybe focus the seach on that one? i've been searchin too but with no luck at all.

bon said:
hey guys i just scored one like this today. and with no badge either. and still don't know anything about it. the rear drop down tubes( from seatpost to dropouts) are different from a columbia. they are straight all the way, maybe focus the seach on that one? i've been searchin too but with no luck at all.

do you have pictures of your frame you could share?maybe if we get enough photos together it would be easier to start identifying our frames. :mrgreen:

schwinner said:
bon said:

do you have pictures of your frame you could share?maybe if we get enough photos together it would be easier to start identifying our frames. :mrgreen:

here are the pics..
207112_200666693299553_3814068_n.jpg

207321_200666709966218_8033852_n.jpg

i has the columbia badge but i doubt it the original badge. they drilled holes for the columbia badge.

schwinner said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Personally, I'd custom paint some metal rim hoops to look like wood, add some cream or red brick tires, and ride it.

oh man..simulated wood painted rims with a few nice heavy clearcoats with creme wheels..i like that. thanks,you got me thinkin now

Sounds familiar.
DSC_0042.JPG

Nice score on that truss frame bike. That's some friend you have there!

bike2112 said:
Whatever you do with that bike it is going to look good. If it were me, I would go with deormans pic for the style of wheels, those red tires look awesome, and do some nice gold or pewter pinstriping on the black. I'd also go with a vintage Brooks style racing saddle. Whatever you do with it, I'm sure it will look awesome.

wow man, youre close.. im going to be doing gold striping and already have changed the seat to a vintage b17 brookes..still on the ropes about the wheels but either real wood 28s or 27 paint simulated woods are the plan...and thanks everyone else for the comments and pictures.its cool to see other truss bikes.. you dont see them to often.. i know this is my first ive ever seen or had in real life.. i think i have identified mine as a davis..its definately a davis chainring and its original to the bike so it could be davis or snell or something close to that..its fun trying to find out through random research and cool people like all of you who are willing to give your two cents..thanks

you can get decent wood rims fairley cheap and easily if you apply yourself(thats why i have about 7 sets hanging in my shop :wink: ) and they can be used for daily riding also!
my 28 has some that have over 4-6 years of weekly riding and havent given me a problem yet(well the tires come unglued 2 times but thats not the rims fault!)...and if you ever want to sell/trade that please keep me in mind(still havent found a truss frame yet :( )

sensor said:
you can get decent wood rims fairley cheap and easily if you apply yourself(thats why i have about 7 sets hanging in my shop :wink: ) and they can be used for daily riding also!
my 28 has some that have over 4-6 years of weekly riding and havent given me a problem yet(well the tires come unglued 2 times but thats not the rims fault!)...and if you ever want to sell/trade that please keep me in mind(still havent found a truss frame yet :( )

i would be willing to possibly sell the frame and all i have for it.shoot me an offer in a PM and we can discuss it.

My 1937 "TruSport" was built for E. K. Tryon sporting Goods of Philadelphia PA by Columbia. Mine IS NOT a truss frame. My bike has vertical rivets for the headbadge, and my fork is similar on the axle end in that one axle hole is closed, and the other is "drop out". I know thats not much, but I wanted to share. All else I can say on this is NICE BIKE!!

Good day Schwinner...like you i'am also eger to know the model of my bike then,
also with the positive comments of our friends here, i just build it the way i want to.
You can view it here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55453.
Can't wait to see what you do with yours,keep us updated,Cool bike...Thank you - Owen :D

Back