What to do with old blow out tubes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bendix said:
blow out tubes, funny you should mention that....... :D

DSC01240.jpg

You might need to see a Dotor about that :wink:

Slide a chain through an old inner tube to keep from scratching paint or chrome when locking your bike.

CCR said:
i cut pieces out to put under the mounts on bells/horns/baskets/shifters/generators ... helps save the chrome/paint from too many scratches if you ever take em off.
And also from moving around.

This one brought me to an unexpected sudden stop and was almost very painful. :shock:
P1010416.jpg

ej,THAT is just Too Funny lookin'! :shock: :mrgreen:

Looks like (TOO MUCH AIR) Brakes.

It sure stopped quick! I slid forward off the seat and almost did a crotch-plant on the top bar! :shock: :oops: :cry:
Here she is with new tires.
P1010907.jpg

P1010902.jpg

I replaced both tires and not only does it look better, she rolls alot better too!

ej599, that was your bike tellin' you, "I want some new shoes!" I do what CCR does, to protect paint. I WILL do what Wildcat said, rimstrips, good idea because most strips I have are too skinny anyway, I can cut make them much wider, so I won't have to use two, to make sure the nipple heads are covered. I'd use a 20'' tube for 24'' rim strips and a 24'' for a 26'' wheel. By the way does anyone have better luck with GLUELESS PATCHES than I do? They stick great for awhile then tend to wrinkle up, I even clean the area to be patched with rubbing alcohol prior. I've used Park, Nashbar and Slime patches. Just wondering.

Do you know how well it bounces? and if so has it killed anyone?

They also make good rubber bands, and last longer than regular rubber bands. I got a 1/2" wide one on my TV remote to hold the battery door closed. They're not as stretchy, but they don't break down and rot like regular rubber bands. My
2cents2.gif

Back