What to call it? Klunker, Cruiser, BMX....CruiseXXX?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been playing around with a 3G frame and some extra parts I have. The photo is a basic mock up of frame, forks, stem and the front tire will be front and back which is a Fat Frank. Got a BMX 3 piece crank to add as I build her up. Going with Cruiser bars and a comfortable 3G Cruiser saddle. Bike will be for Cruising but have a look of a hybred BMX. Not sure what to call it. I can't call it a Klunker since I have no plans for dirt or rough riding with it. It's more of a Cruiser than anything else but with a hint of a BMX look regarding some of the parts involved. CruiserX, CruiseXXX, BMXCruise, KlunCruise.....you get the idea. Help me name the beast! I will add more pics as the build proceeds. This will be a single speed bike. Thanks for looking and contributing!
IMG_3634.JPG
IMG_3635.JPG

Thanks Luke! I would agree with the name only IF I was to add a BMX cross bar type handlebar. But I intend to use a traditional cruiser type comfort handlebar AND Cruiser type comfort saddle. Almost ALL BMX Cruiser's that I have noticed (googled, etc.) usually have BMX type handlebars and a much more narrower competitive type racing saddle. Comfort over racing with a cool BMX look is what I am leaning towards. Not even sure if there is a name to put this idea into a category. Keep 'em coming please.

Thanks Luke! I would agree with the name only IF I was to add a BMX cross bar type handlebar. But I intend to use a traditional cruiser type comfort handlebar AND Cruiser type comfort saddle. Almost ALL BMX Cruiser's that I have noticed (googled, etc.) usually have BMX type handlebars and a much more narrower competitive type racing saddle. Comfort over racing with a cool BMX look is what I am leaning towards. Not even sure if there is a name to put this idea into a category. Keep 'em coming please.
Yep, you are right...

Maybe 'Tough cruiser' ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back