WHAT STYLE IS THIS TYPE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i seen a bike not to long ago and it sparked my interest but i know nothing of it so i can not search for it.

i can though explain what i seen.

it was BMX style frame, maybe larger then the norm and it had huge knobby tires on it. the bike reminded me of a supermoto motorcycle.

any ideas or not enough info ?

Was what you "saw" one of these?

106_Felt-cruiser.jpg

when I hear "huge knobby tires" I think Surly Pugsley.... and it also has a straight-tube frame, like a BMX bike..
?

wasnt that felt bike but i think i want it....

those fat tire beach bikes are very close but the frames look to large. im gonna seach for those Surly Pugsley bikes.

i wonder how those big tire bikes do in snow...

im not looking for a puglsy but the bike i originaly seen. the bmx with a large tire.i dont know the name,the style or even if it as a company that made them or just something a bunch of guys were building. the pugsly got me off track , sorry.

I'm not sure what the brand name is but I know some of the guys here have seen the pics and website of the bike I'm thinking of. It's made (or was made) for biking in Alaska and nothern areas of Canada. The bike was huge and bad as all get out. Some guy in Alaska was custom building them. These were not Pugslies! The bike I'm thinking of would eat a Pugsley alive! But the cost of this bike was high and I think he got pushed outta business or someting similar.

How about a Hanebrink bicycle?

A Google image search will bring up a bunch of sites about these things. They used ATV wheels instead of conventional bicycle wheels.

Pugsleys are still available but they were always sold as a frameset that you built up. Any bike shop that deals with Quality Bicycle Products (QBP) can order one.

Back