What size striping brush do you use?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im tryin to figure out what size brush i should get.

i cant afford to buy a set.

sooo... whats the best all around size to get?

Get some Squirrel tail hair and make your own.

Pinstripes3.jpg

If you don't feel like hunting, look for road kill. Sounds disgusting I know, but it's free. :mrgreen:

I have a 0 and a 1 Mack brush and they do everything I want them to do. I'd like to make my own but the squrriels around here don't have long enough hair (lucky for them :mrgreen: ).

try the Mack O, or you might like the Mack Bobbo. the Bobbo is pretty flexible and if you want to paint in circles you could.

I have a bunch of pictures in galleries here------ http://www.facebook.com/raythevulturepeoro (lots of bikes too)

I was thinking of buying the Xcaliber, but ill probably end up just grabbing one of the swords.

I debating between 0, and 00

B607 said:
I like that squirrel tail idea. I think I'll make one next time I find a dead squirrel. Gary
PInstriping brushes are made with squirrel tail hair raised just for that purpose in France. I found that North American wild ones do as good of a job as these do. Just don't ask me how I got them.

xddorox said:
Get some Squirrel tail hair and make your own.

Pinstripes3.jpg

If you don't feel like hunting, look for road kill. Sounds disgusting I know, but it's free. :mrgreen:

Well if the cats don't drag one up before next hunting season I'll save the tail instead of tossing it out with the other inedible parts.

HotRodJen said:
i pinstripe with a 00 green wrap mack brush ... love it

im torn between 0 and 00

ill prolly grab the 0, if its too fat, ill fork up another 10$ for a 00

bicycleguy said:
You could always cut it down if it's too big instead of buying a smaller brush.

i ordered the 00 instead, figured id want the smaller lines for bikes. I plan on buying some other sizes in the future. And im going to check the local car shops to see if they carry any brushes. Ive got a visa giftcard burning a hole in my wallet.. what better to use it on?! other than spray paint, and tubes from wally world.

i was told 00 is the starter macks are nice brushes but you cant use them with watercolors better than a mack is a Kafka

So i got my mack 00

and i didnt realize it wouldnt be trimmed/oiled.

its basically a stick with a puffy squirrel tail on the end.... haha...

anyone have a link to a video or tutorial? on how i shape/load this brush?

Latest posts

Back