What should I buy with my LBS gift certificates?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I won $200 in gift certificates with my RRB6 BEER RUN bike this past Saturday (best lighting and best costume).
What should I buy?
I don't need bikes (I prefer to hunt for mine rather that buy a new one).
They had a pair of creme Fat Franks (with reflective strip) for $100.
Should I get some overpriced Park Tools?
Should I get a Park repair stand even though my WrenchForce stand still work fine?
The sell Electras, are there any cool Electra parts I should buy?

Help me out. If you had $200 to pop at your LBS what would you buy?

not that it helps you, but i'd buy a new seat for my hybrid. the one I have now hurts a little bit.

i'd buy a good solid set of hubs that you can use and re-use.

id buy a lil of everything thats on SALE so i can more bang for the FREE buck...Thanks just me though... :mrgreen:

If you want cold hard cash, buy something someone here needs and sell it to them.

I need a truing stand and a brooks saddle PM me if interested. :mrgreen:

I agree with what everyone else is saying, and just because they don't have it in the shop doesn't necessarily mean they can't order it for you with FREE shipping just to get the sale :mrgreen: Myself I would probably use the money for bearings/bottom bracket/new headset etc. Maintenance parts are never bad to have sitting on the shelf, even if they sit there for years....

Thanks for all of the input guys. I still haven't decided. For the most part I am stocked with basic parts from flip bikes that I part out. I haven't built up a rim from scratch since I was 12 and rebuilt my Screamer 2 3 speed rear wheel. Maybe I will get a truing stand. Who knows. Hard to pass up a pair of Fat Franks. I may get them to order a paur of brown ones. I always liked them more than the creme ones.

Truing stand is a cool way to go! Its defently worth having. Or maybe a spoke cutter/threader.

Latest posts

Back