What Makes You A Veteran Rat Rod Bike Forum Member?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading slacker's "Motherload" post about finding a barn full of bikes and it made me think about what criteria would be used to classify a person as a "veteran" rat rodder or experienced member of this forum. We all love bikes and rat rodding, but what would denote someone as a "veteran"? Here's what I've come up with so far, let's say 6 out of the 10 qualifies you as a veteran or experienced member:

1) You authored at least one "barn full of bikes" post in this or another forum.
2) One room in your house or apartment is devoted entirely to bicycles.
3) You can identify a bike's year, model, and manufacturer simply by looking at it or a specific part of it.
4) At least one family member or significant other has asked you to stop buying bikes.
5) You would happily ride down the street on bike you would have been embarrassed to ride as a kid.
6) One of your current and/or favorite bikes was pulled out of the trash.
7) You shop craigslist and thrift stores looking for "parts" bikes.
8 ) When you see the bike pics on a member's post you automatically look for their feet in the photo so you can kid them about it, or when you take the photo you deliberately check to make sure your feet are out of the picture because you've seen what happens to the other guys.
9) You rat rodded a bike and gave it away for free.
10) Parts on your current build off bike were also used on a previous build off bike.

This can't be everything. Please feel free to add any suggestions!

Okay, I've got 2,4,5,6,7, and 9! My contribution is if you have a shed/lean-to/storage unit/shack thats packed side to side top to bottom with parts,frames, and whole bikes. Not that I have those, okay it's a 5x10 :roll:

more Are you a rat rod biker.
11. Rust is rightous.
12. Gloss paint or powercoat is for restores and customs.
13. Believe that some of the best RR bike parts were originally designed for something other than a bike.
14. You built a new shed so you could get the bikes out of the garage, but you filled the new shed with bikes before you got the bike out of the garage.
15. Believe that fat tires rule, but all the others are OK,too.
16. Riding cool bikes with your friends, is better than riding in a limo with your friends.
17. Derailers are for klunkers, MB, and roadies.
18. Believe rat bikes and spandex dont mix.
19. At a bike swap meet you will gladly take home with you what others would throw in the dumpster.
20. Believe everybody should have and ride rat bikes.

Well those are some of my suggestion, Im sure there are lots more.

2,5,6,&8, looks like a low score. :( On #8, I usually use Paint Shop Pro on all my photos to edit out foot shots, especially when wearing flip-flops! :D

EXTRA CREDIT :

Put these in chronological order : WD40, HAMMER, SCREW DRIVER, SAW, VISE GRIPS

1 __________
2 __________
3 __________
4 __________
5 __________

answers.jpg

i love it. i have 6 bikes in my house, two in my spare room that i have parked, but not togther cuz i gotta be able to admire them individually, and that room is called the "hot rod room". at my other place 50 miles away, i have a basement with 16 more bikes that i am constantly rebuilding or frankensteining with. i have built so many custom bikes that i cry not having taken or kept pictures of over the last 15 years. my passion is cruisers and klunkers and there is just something about a bike painted primer grey.

so would you saw ghetto fabulous is a cousin of rat?

Latest posts

Back