What is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went over to a guy's barn and there are some bikes I wondered what this one is ? The headbadge is painted over and the mud in there is bad I sank to my ankles just to take a pic of it.
bikebash4.jpg

bikbash4.jpg

I did get a couple bike out of there, they are up against the wall in this picture 1 boys western flyer, it's the black one, and a boys rollfast, the blue one.
bikbash1.jpg

yeah the good ones are always buried.

Hopefully you can make away with all of those eventually :D Crassly is right, that is deifnitely a Colson, as is the frame behind it. They were often re-badged for stores or for companies like Firestone. It was probably made between 1949 and 1953. Here's a complete one I had:

http://i41.tinypic.com/20zcwzq.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Here's my dream looptail...

kos_right_lg.jpg
I agree with you too.. Barns in my neck of the woods are getting far and few in between

That's my dream looptail, right there in the first post. Yes, that is indeed a Colson looptail, a very, very cool bike. That's a Goodyear Wings Marathon headbadge. If you get it and want to sell it, let me know.

rms37 said:
The brown and cream bike behind the blue Colson is a late 40's Cleveland Welding built bike.

Oops, that is right! It looked very much like another Colson back there. :oops: Colsons are great bikes, I want to find an original flying ace someday...

Yup, Colsons. Looptails are cool even if Mongoose did copy it.

If you pick them up for cheap, I would be interested in purchasing either one (the blue or brown).

Dan

several of the other bikes over there, he wants to trade them for some of my junk.
bikebash3.jpg

I took the jc higgins
bikbash5.jpg

I left these hanging
bikebash5.jpg

a pair of trikes in the mud shed

higgy1.jpg

This is the westernflyer
higgy3.jpg

Rollfast
higgy2.jpg

the jc higgins sears

I went back and traded some model A parts for another 7 bikes, I will probably just take these to Ann Arbor next month and try to sell them. The Colson has a Wings headbadge by Goodyear.
bikeload.jpg

Latest posts

Back