What is this mountain bike?Flea Market Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or where is a good mountain bike site i can find some info? Thank you for any help. This bike has ritchey tires and grips, schwinn seat, micro adjust seatpost with built in lock instead of having seat clamp, no seat clamp spot at all on the frame. Shimano hyperdrive derailleur in front, index shifting, weinmann rims with sealed bearing hubs. The frame has NO numbers at all oon it. Im going to strip the paint to look for filler in the serial number. There is no sanding or grind spots, or low spots where a number may have been removed. The frame appears to be aluminum. It is very well made. I posted a few pics and a photobucket link to the album with the rest of the pics of all the dropouts and hard to see places. The rear triangle will give it away .
IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

This pic below is where brakes would bolt if it didnt have frame mounts. The drilled hole only goes through one side.
IMG_3892.jpg

Brake cable stops are riveted in.
IMG_3884.jpg

Link below.
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... own%20mtb/

If you google Vintage Raleigh Mtb's you will find your bike. Cannondale didn't do that unicrown style rear seat stays.

The paint on yours looks original, maybe someone just stripped the decals.

Latest posts

Back