What is the tire height of the Duro 20 X 2.125 slick?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what the tire height of the Duro blackwall slick 20 X 2.125 size is? Maybe someone that has one mounted can do a measurement. Thank you.

I dont know the height but I bought one off Ebay and was not pleased. That tire is very skinny. To me was much narrower than a regular 2.125. Never mounted it and sold it. Now I run a 2.35 instead. Much beefier tire.

Most tires are a bit more narrow than their advertised size. It'll likely be somewhere around 2". If you mount in on a wider rim, it'll be shorter top-to-bottom but wider side-to-side. If you mount it on a skinnier rim, it'll be taller top-to-bottom but narrower side-to-side.

Are you concerned about aesthetics, or actual tire clearance?

Thanks for the replies.
I am concerned with the fender clearance. That's why I am asking bike owners that have a Duro what the inflated tire height is.
I know the Carlisle slick, which are large tires will rub on the fender. I know the Duro is smaller but by how much?
The bike is a 68 Sears 20" Spyder 5 speed.

Bicycle808 said:
I predict it will clear but I can't say for sure.

+1

I use to have one on my Sting-Ray and it was more like a 20x1.75 :wink: Here's some pics for reference 8)

With 40 psi it measures 1.625 high from edge of rim (1-5/8")

As Nick stated they are more like a 1.75 tire. Next to a 2.125 Cheater Slick they look kinda wimpy.

Not to be a male part..........
But...
Can you modify the fender brackets so the bigger tire clears??? I have slotted the brackets(fender) and used big washers to mount them so 3" tires would clear where 2.125 had previously been.

Back