What is my CWC Luxury Liner Worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just finished the resto on a 1948/49 Cleveland Welding Company Luxury Liner. I left it as original as possible. All of the chrome and red painted surfaces are original. The frame has been repainted, the original paint was very bad. Overall the original paint was cleaned, polished and clear coated. The chrome is in fair condition I would say. All of the sheet metal is nice and straight, no dings, dents, or non-original holes. The tires and grips are original as is the lens for the taillight. The tailight is missing the contact to make it function as a brake light. The wire is present but the contact that mounts by the chain is long gone, if it was ever there in the first place. The headlight lens is a period glass replacement. The saddle has been professionally restored. The chrome springs and crash bar are original and retain their original plating. The pedals are reproduction Persons Majestic pedals. Lastly, it rides great!

What would be a fair value to place on this bike? I don't see many originals offered for sale so, I'm having a tough time coming up with a value. I have no intention on selling it, just curious and I want to add it on my insurance.

luxuryliner2_zpsd553e3a0.jpg

luxuryliner3_zps09402613.jpg

luxuryliner5_zpsd6bbf73a.jpg

luxuryliner6_zpse1d5009e.jpg

These pictures have better lighting
luxuryliner10_zps6a7b3218.jpg

luxuryliner12_zps5ae23146.jpg

luxuryliner15_zps2c24c164.jpg

As a collector that is also a re-seller I would be looking to buy that bike in the $350 range and probably looking to get $500-$550 out of it. Im on the East coast where old bikes are plentiful, I would Imagine in some other areas of the country (especially out West) it could bring a fair amount more than over here.

Back