what is it??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I picked this bike up a couple of days ago and really do not have an idea as to what it is. I could no find any numbers so far, but i might in a day or two under the layers upon layers of paint. any info would be awesome!! thanks alot.

Josh
get-attachmentaspx.jpg

I love the locking spot lol looks like a piece of chain welded to frame, it was for that or maybe it had a sidecar at some time ago, some have weird ways of connecting

The chain link welded to the frame, looks like what they do to the bikes that they ride around the car manufacturing plants here in K.C.. There's usually one on the forks, also. It don't keep you from stealing it, but try riding off with it, LOL.

I am still on the fence on what kind of bike it is. The frame has couplings, not just welded, and those don't look like Worksman wheels.

thanks for your input guys, it is a worksman. but i do not know to much about them, and this thing is a pain to work on. seat post was welded to the frame, the crank was welded to the nut,the chain guard was welded on, there was a chain link welded on the frame, fork, and bars. but ive done some tinkering around in the garage and this is what i have come up with. its not finished but gettin there.
Image-27.jpg

Image-23-2.jpg

I like what you've done so far, looks great.

I agree, the welded chain link means it was probably used at some work place, and was someone's idea of how to lock it up so it wouldn't walk off to somewhere else in the plant. I see that kind of thing all the time where I work.

I think everything being welded on was actually to prevent someome from stealing parts off the bike rather than stealing the whole bike.

could be, but most likely when something broke, they sent the bike over to "maintenance" who didn't have budget for extra parts of any kind, ..... but they did have a welder. :D

Back