What have you guys found at swap meets in the past?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just wondering what kinds of bikes you guys have found at swap meets. Post Pics. if you can.

I get lots of stuff from swap meets , that's my main source ! I scored this Murray @ Carlisle a few years ago , I was still a noob , and paid decent money , but had never seen anything lie it before . Had a blast running back and forth , buying parts and redoing the bike there at the show , I was riding it pretty much as pictured by the end of the show :D
008-3.jpg

Parts and I sold this bike :cry:
01610.jpg

Oh yeah, and I bought this :D (This is a shot a few days after I brought it home so it hasn't been cleaned :wink: )
00814p.jpg

I have not found anything spectacular...Just sold everything I bought, Because I never find the right bike for the parts...stuff like that!

Most of the stuff I bought, sold at the same show...someone sees it, wants it, and offers double what i paid.

The first pic. Both of these in the same day, Brimfield MA...........The CW was sold to a member here. The Murray was used for RRBBO4, "RUNVS". It was Banana Aped...Then DE-banana aped. Now it's getting re-aped and re-forked as "RU" Slammed....I can never make up my mind! :|
The second pic was a Playbike from Monson, MA....For a friend that once told me he had his "favorite" bike stolen, when he was a kid. It was the exact same bike as this. I gave it to him, now it's on display in his house.

006-8.jpg

001-40.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Parts and I sold this bike :cry:
01610.jpg

Oh yeah, and I bought this :D (This is a shot a few days after I brought it home so it hasn't been cleaned :wink: )
00814p.jpg

Love that Longboy, hopefully it comes up for sale again so I can scoop it up. I bought these 2 bikes from the Dudley swap in November and hope to buy/sell/trade a few there again next month.
purple2.jpg

purple1.jpg

only thing good ive ever found at a swap was my '28 elgin frame and fork(thats not in that picture of course) when the wife forced me to go to the city and do the bay to breakers...
mrmoto002.jpg

Scored this 1960 Spitfire at a swap meet a few years ago....sold it to a friend a year later.

This is how it looked when I snagged it...paid $60 for it.

100_5594.jpg

And when I sold it...

DSC_0035.jpg

the last motorcycle/bicycle swap I went to......
this guy had 4 of these front forks (from a Chinese moped)
I ask the guy "how much for the fork?"
he says "$80 each or all 4 for $100"
I had 2 friends with the cash to go in on the deal with me, so I got 1 for $25 and fabb'ed it to fit my Electra 8)
true story!
100_2189.jpg

This Myiata 12 speed is probably the nicest bike out the door I've ever snagged.

DSC05920640.jpg

Dropped by a "moving sale", asked about bikes, they all sold yesterday, what about that blue one hanging in the garage?
Offered a ridiculous price of $10 since I don't normally want bikes with lots of gears that are not shifting well. She took it!
My buddy heard her husband ask if she really sold it for $10 while I was loading it up, and beginning to realize what I had just bought. Everything worked perfectly on this bike

Sold it on the Craigs for $99 a couple of weeks ago. Worth more, but I never look back on a hefty profit.

Whoops! I thought this was the garage sale/tag sale thread. Mods can move it if you want! :oops:

i found my 41 elgin at long beach. got him down to 80 bucks!
bececb4e.jpg

that now looks like this...

efe51251.jpg

but now i want it to look like this again:

279c9d10.jpg

cant make up my .... mind.

i also got my 38 hawth from a swapmeet. had to pay a bit more than 80 for it... :roll:

eb7c07df.jpg

Back