What do you think about this trade?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Somebody is offering for my 1963(?) Roadmaster Jet Pilot (pic.1) a Firestone 1950's (pics. 2...5)
What do you think?
Is the Firestone all original? What's missing, except the tank? Is it a desirable bike, or parts from it?
Thanks, Marius

Older and Fatter is better(in bikes)in my book.
I would definitely do it because it is really complete for restoration and has many of the more desirable parts.

I have a Firestone & I love the frame plus the deep fenders are pretty cool... I would trade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both bikes are great. Yours looks all original and in excellent shape. The Firestone's wheels don't match and it has been ridden more than the Pilot but I would pick it over the Pilot if I had the choice. I would enjoy going all through it and getting it the best it could be.

thanks guys.
It looks like the pedals are not original .. What about the seat?
Is the frame repaint? I can not see any decals
thanks, Marius

With the striping on the fenders, I think it's a Supercruiser. With the tank it may have had, it probably didn't have a lot of frame markings. If they repainted the frame they probably would have painted the fenders too. I'd trade before they changed their mind.

Very easy decision. ...TRADE!

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

didn't do it today, maybe tomorrow

I would do the Trade! I know that frame, springer, fenders anywhere and that right there is a Firestone SuperCruiser!! Minus the tank that thing bring more bank cause of the Train light, rear rack and its basically all there. Also your front rim has been changed out, but rear looks legit. I owned 2 of these and have the worse OCD cause im still kicking myself for letting them go.:20:

I think the opinions have been well spoken here. I'd personally do the trade : )

Doing the trade would be of a greater financial value in my opinion. However, you have to keep in mind what you are looking to do w/ the bike - ie: resell profit, restore, ride as is, etc... If you want to make it correct w/ original parts you may be looking at a good amount of additional money still needed to invest into it. Just some things to keep in mind.

Both are nice bikes - Good luck!

Back