what do you guys think of laser cut parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know its pushing the traditional RR thing out of the water but this guy might offer chainrings, stay drops, fork linkages, and, 1 piece schwinn springers. heres a pic of some of his work
DSC04174.jpg

April92011ForksCut.jpg

I think its about what he can do as opposed to what the examples are. I would be interested in dropouts etc susp. Parts post a link and some example prices, chain ring ,dropout ect. if you can. Also material types and File types needed.
Gary

Those chainrings sure look cool, but I wouldn't trust them beyond a show bike, and even though I'm not a fan of show only cars I understand them, but I could not understand a show only bike.

XC204 said:
I think its about what he can do as opposed to what the examples are. I would be interested in dropouts etc susp. Parts post a link and some example prices, chain ring ,dropout ect. if you can. Also material types and File types needed.
Gary
im getting his email today hopefully and ill pm it to you, i figure id post the stuff he makes. this isnt crappy sheet metal its steel and can take the work thats put into them.

heres a gallery of his work
http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp66/tntmetalworkz/

OK, this one scares me to death:
DSC04178.jpg

Once again, beautiful, but I wouldn't pedal it uphill:
DSC04173.jpg

Now I think they're onto something with the one on the left:
SprocketsLot.jpg

All the teeth on these look a little deep.

BAD ...!!! These look to be made of some nice steel. Considering how little force is actually present on a rotating chainwheel, I think these will work out just dandy.

Agreed if you are a rust-ratter, then this isn't your ballgame. However if you like modern spins on classic ideas, which is very popular amongst chopper builders and the low rider crowd, then these are for you!

I would love some of them tribal style chainwheels for my cruisers.

Highridah said:

How much cha-ching are we talking for a chain ring with a little bling bling? :mrgreen: I'd love to have that bottom one for my low rider bike but I'd want it with a little more structure to it so it's a rider and not a shelf queen. I can imagine the first time I towed the trailer with a good load on it, it'd be twisted worse than my frame. Also tell him to contact our sponsor chain gang low rider I'm sure they'd love to carry his line of chain rings!

I honestly think the chainrings are too busy and 'heavy metal' for my taste. They also don't look very strong.
Has he thought of recreating some of the great classic designs?

Not sure if he is on here, but he is on layitlow. Most of his work ends up on high dollar bikes that win many shows. From my understanding, they are more form than function, but I have seen a few "faced" parts that are used daily with no complications.

geez, how embarrassing would it be to have a bike that actually detracts from it's chainring..... :oops:

those are very cool parts. 8)

Those are some clean cuts. But I would have to agree that they are more show than go. I have done all the Calculus and Trigonometry to lay out tooth profiles for every possible chain ring and cog size and these are definitely missing some serious math.

Back