What do you guys think..BF Goodrich bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm going to look at this bike in a couple hours. What do you guys say about it. I don't know too much about antiques, but thought this is cool.
However...he wants $90 for it. I don't know about that price myself.

3nf3ke3obZZZZZZZZZ9394b613a5d08ef1e32.jpg

3n43p43o8ZZZZZZZZZ9397723230c693916fc.jpg

3k83pe3l9ZZZZZZZZZ93933e4681bb9031ab1.jpg

englishwheeler said:
So I'm going to look at this bike in a couple hours. What do you guys say about it. I don't know too much about antiques, but thought this is cool.
However...he wants $90 for it. I don't know about that price myself.

3nf3ke3obZZZZZZZZZ9394b613a5d08ef1e32.jpg

3n43p43o8ZZZZZZZZZ9397723230c693916fc.jpg

3k83pe3l9ZZZZZZZZZ93933e4681bb9031ab1.jpg
I say get it. I would like to find a bike for that price where I live

You could probably get it for $75 with cash on the spot. People almost always ask for more than they expect to get. It's the American way! :wink:

That's the one on the CL in Indy I think. I think it's worth it if it's in decent shape, it's just a straightbar schwinn that's been rebadged. A correct tank will be pricey though.

It looks like a schwinn made frame, If its a ballooner it is worth that all day long. If its a middleweight then ??
If the serial number is under the bottom bracket then its definately a ballooner.

It's yours maddogrider. I offered $75 for it and he didn't take it. It's been repainted...poorly and has paint all over the fenders and rims. The frame is pitted in areas pretty badly. I'm not 100% sure the badge was just placed on there by someone...may not go with the bike. I just didn't see spending 90$ for that when I can completely make my own bike for that. I just thought it was going to be a neat little rat project. I would have had so much in it that selling it would have been tough I think.

I thank everyone for their opinions

He's a nice guy so dealing with him is easy. But he makes his living selling stuff so I'm guessing he needs all of the $90 for the bike. If you get it for less, let me know. I'd be interested in seeing if he sells it for less.

A bike like that around here would probably have a doubled or even tripled asking price. Even with the deficiencies you described, I'd still buy it for $90.

I do have to say I'm a little surprised at how many here would pay that much for this bike without seeing it. But then again, I don't know a whole lot about old bikes. Either way I can't justify $90 for that bike. I don't have that kind of cash to throw at something like that. The fully custom bike I'm making now will be much cooler....to me...and completely one of a kind. I don't have much more than $90 in it right now and that includes, steel, rims and tires.
I just sold a really nice Schwinn Breeze mens bike for $100, and it was way nicer than this particular bike...all original never repainted.

But there are a lot more schwinn breezes out there than these twinbar goodriches. And this frame style, in my opinion, is far cooler than a breeze. I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for a MINT breeze, because I think they are ugly, and there is nothing on them I would want to use for anythign I'd build. Whereas I think twinbar frames rock.

BrigmasterA said:
And this frame style, in my opinion, is far cooler than a breeze. I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for a MINT breeze, because I think they are ugly, and there is nothing on them I would want to use for anythign I'd build. Whereas I think twinbar frames rock.

Unless it it was a January, February, or March of 1971. Then you can sell the pedals for $50 bucks.

Back